• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 cglisson01 OFFLINE  

cglisson01
  • Member No: 48091
  • 261 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 11:45 AM

I have a Brownie Jr tractor made in Peoria ILL. Serial #146. Need info as to age, value etc. need set of front tires. Any info appreciated.

Paint is good and engine is running.

Hey gene. Let me know if you want to sale your tractor. I might take it off your hands. Thanks, Chris

#32 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 12:11 PM

Welcome Jeff!  We exhibitted beside one another at the Riverbend show a couple years back, and I got a kick out of your little machines and Struck's.  One of these days when I know I'm going to be stuck sitting at my sister in law's in Hudsonville, I may have to reach out...I'd love to see your collection! 

Since that show, I have added a son, with another boy due this summer.  My interest in the small machines is skyrocketing!  =]

Guys, Jeff's work is top-notch....amazing stuff.

• GTTinkerer said thank you

#33 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,133 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 04:18 PM

There was bantam amusement park one for sale on ebay a week or two ago that came out of some park in penn. It was silver and black

#34 tractorjeff OFFLINE  

tractorjeff

• Member No: 5599
  • 47 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 05:25 PM

There was bantam amusement park one for sale on ebay a week or two ago that came out of some park in penn. It was silver and black

That tractor came from the same park as mine, West View Park outside Pittsburgh. The Bantams had a spring loaded front bumper. Thanks 

#35 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,133 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 06:25 PM

Did it sell tractorjeff? I didnt watch it

#36 junkyardjeff OFFLINE  

junkyardjeff
  • Member No: 50084
  • 69 Thanks
  • 82 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 08:21 PM

I have never seen one of those before and never knew they had them in amusement parks.

#37 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 09:06 AM

Man, I would love to have one like in the very first picture that is red and has the single seat.  I think it would be awsome for the grandkids to drive around out in the yard. :rocker2:

#38 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 01:28 PM

never sen before - very interesting!

#39 tractorjeff OFFLINE  

tractorjeff

• 47 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 08:57 PM

Here is another picture of my amusement tractors but it's missing my red Pony Jr.004 (2).JPG

• MH81, cglisson01 and Gabriel have said thanks

#40 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 09:30 PM

Wow that looks like a lot of fun for the kids.

#41 cglisson01 OFFLINE  

cglisson01
  • 261 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted March 14, 2014 - 01:47 PM

Here is another picture of my amusement tractors but it's missing my red Pony Jr.attachicon.gif004 (2).JPG

Very cool tractors. Im curious about the orange and white ones in the back. What brand are they? And are they motorized? Thanks, Chris

#42 tractorjeff OFFLINE  

tractorjeff

• 47 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted March 14, 2014 - 06:04 PM

Very cool tractors. Im curious about the orange and white ones in the back. What brand are they? And are they motorized? Thanks, Chris

Chris their actually pedal tractors I converted into pull tractors. In the 50's there was a company that used Hiller Yard Hands and the Pony tractors to pull up to 10 smaller tractors that the kids would ride on. It was called a tractor train. Very little info on this company. I've never been able to find out what the actual pull behind tractors were or looked like other than they were smaller than the pulling tractor. They were also probably converted pedal tractors because in the 50's pedal cars were converted to use on merry go round type rides.

• cglisson01 said thank you

#43 tractorjeff OFFLINE  

tractorjeff

• 47 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted March 14, 2014 - 06:09 PM

Did it sell tractorjeff? I didnt watch it

No isn't hasn't met the reserve  a couple times now.

#44 cglisson01 OFFLINE  

cglisson01
  • 261 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted March 14, 2014 - 09:36 PM

Chris their actually pedal tractors I converted into pull tractors. In the 50's there was a company that used Hiller Yard Hands and the Pony tractors to pull up to 10 smaller tractors that the kids would ride on. It was called a tractor train. Very little info on this company. I've never been able to find out what the actual pull behind tractors were or looked like other than they were smaller than the pulling tractor. They were also probably converted pedal tractors because in the 50's pedal cars were converted to use on merry go round type rides.

O ok. That's really cool. I've never heard of tractor trains before, bet they were big hits for the kids at the amusement parks. Looks like you did a great job on them

#45 joe csik OFFLINE  

joe csik
  • Member No: 55365
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted April 06, 2014 - 06:22 AM

Hello....

I have an Allen Herschell  Brownie Tractor coming in this month. Missing the body... Would any one have an idea where to get one? {LOL} or who is re-poping them...... ?  Any info would be appreciated...   

thank you ...

brownie-tractor-short-2.jpg