• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted January 07, 2012 - 05:08 PM

My Cousin-in-Law is big into the area Historical Society. There is an old amusement park here and I asked her to research back and see if they ever had any. She will probably get back to me next weekend if there is any info about them being used here.
  • backwoods said thank you

#17 tractorjeff OFFLINE  

tractorjeff

• Member No: 5599
  • 47 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted January 07, 2012 - 06:32 PM

I do know that the Bantam tractors were used at West View Amusement Park in Pittsburgh PA. West View closed in the late 70's. Let me know what you find out. Thanks Jeff

#18 dw1973 OFFLINE  

dw1973

• Member No: 136
  • 7 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 04:45 AM

Nice collection - thanks for the photos. I have started a mini tractor collection myself with my son. We have a 54 Hiller Yard Hand with solid flywheel, 56 Bantam 5000 with front mount sickle mower and plow, 49 or 50 Standard 3hp, early 55 Pond RJ35 with mower deck and a 67 Rugg/Grant with cart. I would like to find a Pony or Brownie tractor to add to our collection. I have some photos of a Strunk that sold at an auction in Ann Arbor awhile back. I would consider trading my early 55 Pond RJ35 for a Brownie or Pony tractor.
Dave from Adrian, MI.

Edited by dw1973, January 11, 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#19 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 05:10 AM

Nice tractors.

#20 tractorjeff OFFLINE  

tractorjeff

• 47 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 08:43 PM

Hi Dave I also have three Hillers, two Bantams and three Chipmunks in my collection. I heard about the the Strunk in Ann Arbor the night before the auction and I had just picked up my third one a couple of weeks before so I decided to pass on that it. Could you email pictures of it. I try to document everyone I can find. Yesterday I finished painting one of the Strunks and I made amusement park bumpers for it from pictures of the only one I've ever seen. Hope to post pictures here this weekend. Strunks, Brownies and Pony are hard to find. I built the single seat Brownie because I wanted to use a full David Bradley hood and I didn't think I would ever find one for sale.

#21 tractorjeff OFFLINE  

tractorjeff

• 47 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 09:02 PM

Thanks to everyone for the comments. The amusement park tractors are just one part of my collection. I enjoy small size tractors and the rarer the better. My main interest is in Struck Kit Equipment. I have every kit they've ever offered plus 11 prototypes that never went into production. I think I have around 30 pieces of their pieces. Check out the Yahoo Struck Group I started. struck_group : C. F. Struck I also have a Yahoo group for Lennox Kittytrack's lennoxkittytrack : Lennox Kittytrack I'm lucky enough to have 4 of these crawlers also.

#22 tractorjeff OFFLINE  

tractorjeff

• 47 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 11:57 AM

3c1d_3.jpg

Attached are photos of a mid 50's Strunk Chipmunk amusement park tractor I just finished building. I've also include photos of what I started with and I only other Strunk amusement park tractor I've ever seen or heard of. I had to make the fenders and rear cover, running boards, seat ring and amusement bumpers. I do have other Chipmunks so I had something to look at. I thought that someone added the hood trim but I did see another one that had the exact same trim. That's the original color I don't have any history on Strunks used in parks. It's a lot smaller that other amusement park tractor.

Attached Thumbnails

• 009.jpg
  • P1060030.jpg
  • PC130009.jpg
  • 001.jpg

• daytime dave, CRFarnsworth, Bob IN and 1 other said thanks

#23 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted January 16, 2012 - 08:49 PM

Thanks very much for posting this thread and these pictures! I can barely remember driving one of these at the Pierce County fair in Ellsworth Wisconsin probably in 1961 or 1962. As best as I can remember it would have been one of the 2 seater Brownie tractors as my little brother rode with me and I drove. I have often wondered about those tractors and have never seen any of them since untill your post. You have some very neat tractors and thanks for a trip down memory lane!
  • MH81 and GTTinkerer have said thanks

#24 Gene Johnson OFFLINE  

Gene Johnson
  • Member No: 31845
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 11:39 AM

I have a Brownie Jr tractor made in Peoria ILL. Serial #146. Need info as to age, value etc. need set of front tires. Any info appreciated.

Paint is good and engine is running.

#25 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 12:34 PM

Welcome Gene.  I hope someone comes along to help you soon.  I'm glad you joined.

#26 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 03:07 PM

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

#27 tractorjeff OFFLINE  

tractorjeff

• 47 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 07:19 AM

Gene get a hold of me at jeffmalm(AT symbol)comcast(dot)net    I might be able to help you with your Brownie. 

#28 Brando OFFLINE  

Brando
  • Member No: 14091
  • 338 Thanks
  • 331 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 09:22 PM

Those are some cool tractors!

#29 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,433 posts

Posted May 14, 2013 - 08:33 AM

wow i never knew they had tractors at the fairs thats interesting when i go down to the tractor show in june ill try to remember to ask a few folks down there to see if they have every seen any an if they have pictures or articles i could scan to post up for you

#30 tractorjeff OFFLINE  

tractorjeff

• 47 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 08:08 AM

I've attached a pictures of a few more amusement park tractors in my collection. I've been doing research on these little tractors for quite awhile now but info is very scarce as they were mainly used in the mid 50's to late 60's. Kiddieland near Chicago ran their tractors into the late 90's with many guards  added for safety. If anyone has any info on amusement park tractors I would enjoy talking with you. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 110.JPG
  • 012 (2).JPG
  • 015.JPG

• MH81 and Gabriel have said thanks