• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gbrown OFFLINE  

gbrown

• Member No: 8021
  • 20 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted January 06, 2012 - 10:16 AM

I'm new here so apologies if this is posted in the 'wrong' place. I've got a 1966 1050 with the Wisconsin TR-10D and I'm looking for either starter parts or a complete used starter. The starter/generator is a Delco model 1101970. It seems that these are fetching a pretty penny online and I thought someone might have one they're not needing for a fair price or parts. Also, anyone familiar with which other tractors used this model starter? Perhaps if I found one on something else, it'd be cheaper? Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,172 Thanks
  • 2,143 posts

Posted January 06, 2012 - 10:38 AM

Howdy, and welcome to this forum! ....There's a great buch of guys here, and the Manuals section of this site has lots of Bolens info.

Here is a link to a parts diagram & list for your starter/generator: Bolens / Delco-Remy starter parts - Manuals - Garden Tractor Talk - Forums

If you are anywhere near a rebuilder of starters & other automotive electrics, they should be able to test & repair your exisiting starter/generator.

These units are not very complicated, and many repairs can be done by anyone with a little mechanical & electrical knowledge.

Bearings are readily obtainable & easily replaced. ....Brushes are consumables which should be easy to obtain. .....Field coils can be replaced, if needed.

The armature is the most expensive and least easily-obtained part of the unit. .....If this needs to be replaced, you would be better to look for another starter.

The D/R # 1101970 starter/generator carried Bolens part #1716169, and was used on Bolens 800, 850, 900, 1000, 1050, and 1250 tractors. ....All of these models listed used Wisconsin engines.

I don't know which other brand tractors may have used the same starter, but the D/R parts list linked above will show which parts are interchangeable between different starter/generators.
  • NUTNDUN and Bolens 1000 have said thanks