wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 09:33 PM

I might just sleep in my truck Friday night lol.

#32 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 10:14 PM

I'm gonna stay about 10 miles away at the Bingaman Roof Inn. The amenities there are just like home. :lol:

#33 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted March 05, 2012 - 10:13 PM

I'm gonna stay about 10 miles away at the Bingaman Roof Inn. The amenities there are just like home. :lol:

I told George tonight when we were working in the shop about your post. I was about to Google your motel when it dawned on me that this is your home turf.It was one of those senior moments. Looking forward to seeing you at Plow Days.
  • IHCubGuy said thank you

#34 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted March 05, 2012 - 10:18 PM

I told George tonight when we were working in the shop about your post. I was about to Google your motel when it dawned on me that this is your home turf.It was one of those senior moments. Looking forward to seeing you at Plow Days.

No worries, I too have those senior moments from time to time. I'm really hoping to get the 12 done till then, but it's not looking good at the moment. I either have to get the Kohler thats going in overhauled or find another one to put in. If I could sell my 7 and the 720 blower I would have more funds to put into it.

It will be great to meet you guys this year and put a face to all the names on here. I gotta catch up with some of the Cub guys I know from over at the IHRegistry site that I didn't get to see last year cause of the rain.

#35 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• Member No: 6470
  • 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 08:44 AM

Hey guys, aside from the obvious tractor, plow and tool box, What else do you like to bring along? Any extra parts in case of breakage? Will a full tank of 4 gallons of gas get a tractor through the weekend or do you bring extra fuel too? Any other suggestions? I'm trying to get my ducks in a row to go. I want to stay at the Red Roof Inn, but I don't want to make reservations until I'm positive that I can go. Gary

#36 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 08:13 PM

My thoughts are to fill the tank before you leave and bring a 5 gallon can along as well. If you have an air tank, that might come in handy as well as the toolbox and anthting that you think might break while plowing. The ground is riverbottom soil and it plows pretty easy. Hope you can make it as it's the best plowday I've attended yet with a great representation of all makes of tractors.
  • twostacks said thank you

#37 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 07:22 AM

IHCubGuy, I've decided that I'm going one way or the other. I'll RSVP and make my reservations tonight. As nice as the weather was this weekend, I got the plow put on and set up and tinkered with a few other things. Looks like I might be able to work the garden up a little early if the weather continues like its been anyway. Hope to see ya there. Gary

#38 Ron White OFFLINE  

Ron White

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 267
  • 123 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 08:12 PM

Twostacks,

I would go through 12 gallons with my JD 140.

I spend a fair amount of time in the seat though so it does depend on just how much you like to plow.

Now that I bring my 332 down to PA, I use much less fuel !!

Edited by Ron White, March 13, 2012 - 08:13 PM.

• twostacks said thank you

#39 Blazer OFFLINE  

Blazer

• Member No: 5894
  • 29 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 07:17 PM

I am ready for a plow weekend!! Its less than a month away now.

#40 1979gmc OFFLINE  

1979gmc

• Member No: 6525
  • 9 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 07:37 PM

What is the exact address so I can get directions? thanks

#41 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 09:25 PM

What is the exact address so I can get directions? thanks

This is the website of the hosting properties business. It's a Farm Market most of the summer.
http://whitenightsfa.../directions.htm

The Mill Street / Sunbury Rd exchange bit us last year, somehow, we turned right a little early & ended up taking the suburbia route. No fun with the Truck and trailer. I blamed it on the signs, but it was all the driver's fault :D

Also, watch that last bridge (Mill St?) it was one lane with opposing traffic coming downhill.

#42 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 09:30 PM

If anyone hasn't booked the room yet at Red Roof, if you do it online, there is a prepay option that will save you a few $. It dropped our 2 person rate from 61 to 46 per night. WARNING: you can NOT cancel or get a refund if you use this method.
  • NUTNDUN said thank you

#43 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 02:49 PM

This is the website of the hosting properties business. It's a Farm Market most of the summer.
http://whitenightsfa.../directions.htm

The Mill Street / Sunbury Rd exchange bit us last year, somehow, we turned right a little early & ended up taking the suburbia route. No fun with the Truck and trailer. I blamed it on the signs, but it was all the driver's fault :D

If you went far enough you probably ended up at one of the entrances to Cherokee Pharmaceuticals. You must cross both sets of RR tracks and start up the grade before you turn. LOL!!!!!!!!

#44 Pa Plow Day Staff OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day Staff

• Member No: 8496
  • 100 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 04:54 PM

If i remember correctly the address is 1300 sunbury rd danville pa 17821. And as your coming through danville on route 54 as your passing wendys you want to be in the left lane going under the underpass. as you come across the river bridge you want to stay straight, sunbury road goes up past a sunoco and the road bends to the right. 18 days until plowday lets hope for dry warm sunny weather. thats not to much to ask for! see you guys soon.

Thanks Josh

#45 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted March 28, 2012 - 09:45 AM

Does RSVPing mean that you and you're tractor are registered, or where do I go to register for this event?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pennsylvania, plow day, plow