16 replies to this topic

#16 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted January 08, 2012 - 11:27 AM

If you have plenty of cash, the best shop heat I've seen is ambient in-floor heat produced by outdoor wood boiler. The boiler is outside, so ignition isn't a problem.

If I were a rich man and building a shop from scratch, that would be the solution I would choose.

I'm not a rich man though, so I have an unheated garage and when I need to work in a warm place I either head to my BIL's or wait until spring.

#17 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted January 08, 2012 - 01:17 PM

This thread got me to thinking about Fire extinguishers because I didn't have one in the shop. So Now I have one at each end. Perhaps an bit of an over kill considering how small the shop is but I figured that if I had a tractor or several mowers in there I might have difficulty getting to the other end in an emergency. When I was in the Navy we use to have to go to fire fighting school at least every 3 years when you were on Sea Duty. One of the thing they taught us was time was of the essence the quicker you can start putting the fire out the better.

HDWildBill i dont think that's overkill.I have one in every corner of the shop and both exit's.Better to be way too safe than way to sorry.