Whos moving snow??

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 limebuzz ONLINE  

• Member No: 795
  • 823 Thanks
  • 862 posts

Posted January 03, 2012 - 05:52 PM

Well we finally got a bit of snow here the other day.I've been itching to try this rig of mine out for what? about a year and a bit now,so i couldn't wait any longer. WOW what a machine!!:beerchug:

Attached Thumbnails

• 002.jpg
  • 003.jpg

#17 Gary400 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2316
  • 225 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted January 03, 2012 - 07:09 PM

its to warm here to snow this winter is kinda crazy but im not complainin . when its this warm my furnace only runs two or three times a day .

#18 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted January 03, 2012 - 09:29 PM

Not enough here in Manitoba to do anything with. Last forecast I saw said it was going to be +6C on Thursday, so the little bit we've got will disappear. It's been so long since I've had a reason to run a tractor that I'm not sure I remember how.

About the same for us, maybe 2 inches if I stretch it. Forecast for 42F on Friday so I expect ours will be gone too. Dont worry it will come right back to you, kind of like riding a bike:smilewink:

We got about a foot on Sunday so the old blower was used for the first time this season yesterday. Weather guy said another foot last night but he was wrong. Supposed to be 4 to 6" today so we'll see what happens. Won't break my heart if the Craftsman sits unused for the rest of the year.

Already two snowmobilers killed in the area in the past couple of days so there is also bad side to the snow.

That wouldnt be the 9&10 weather guy would it????
It is a shame that there are usually several fatalities before the season is over. I dont understand why they need to make 100 MPH snowmobile and then let some one just hop on with no training.

All that snowing and blowing the other day, and it wasnt even enough to cover all the grass. Did see one guy sitting in the ditch yesterday though. Driving a jeep of course lol

Wife seen a 4WD blazer spin out in front of her Friday night, 4WD isnt much help on ice.

Edited by Michiganmobileman, January 03, 2012 - 09:31 PM.
Picky, picky, picky

#19 michelle OFFLINE  

Tractorholic by Marriage

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1655
  • 331 Thanks
  • 303 posts

Posted January 03, 2012 - 09:45 PM

I moved some yesterday.

Posted Image

#20 johnboggs21 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4084
  • 18 Thanks
  • 184 posts

Posted January 04, 2012 - 03:24 PM

Nice working shot there Michelle.

In regards to people dying on snowmobiles, we have had one in my area already and theirs barely been enough snow to have them out! The little bit of snow we do get doesnt last very long either. The snow we got the other day that I posted about is almost all gone today. Just hovering around that freezing point all week for us. They say its alot of fun, but you wont catch me running around on one.

#21 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted January 04, 2012 - 03:51 PM

We've had 2 snow events so far Nov 23 -12inches and Dec 23 about 8 inches. Nothing in between there at all. Nothing in the forecast either.

#22 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted January 04, 2012 - 03:52 PM

Well we finally got a bit of snow here the other day.I've been itching to try this rig of mine out for what? about a year and a bit now,so i couldn't wait any longer. WOW what a machine!!:beerchug:

Dang the hills are steep there - it looks like you're going almost straight up and down!!!!
Just kidding. I ran the snowblower just a little bit yesterday. Didn't even have to - any car would have driven right over it and it is supposed to warm up tomorrow. Just wanted to play.