#16 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted January 30, 2012 - 02:26 PM

In case you are wondering, if the acquisition of a N, 6, or 8 has the fuel tank mounted on the flywheel cooling showd, the 2 rivets holding on the 2 fuel tank straps to the shrowd can be ground off and the holes left, the raised cast air cleaner tube shown above is another important feature Briggs provided for David Bradley tractors and a model N, 6 or 8 should have the aluminum head and sump.
This looks like a tractor made from several parts judging by the wheel rims, clutch pully, engine mount, kick stand and saddle bar.
You are in good hands, lots of DB collectors here.

#17 steve b ONLINE  

steve b

• Member No: 1581
  • 109 Thanks
  • 193 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 08:16 AM

Thanks for the responses! I am going to have to keep my eyes open for a briggs 6 motor and I also need to find some tires and a gas tank as well..
It would be nice to get it running in the spring. I will keep you all posted.
Steve

#18 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 06:51 PM

When looking for a fuel tank to match a engine best way is to re-use the fuel tank off of the engine it came with, instead of mounting the fuel tank on the engine Briggs and Stratton just sent them to the DB Mfg plant and they mounted it on the tractor, but you have to be carfull, the drain hole on the tank were the sediment bowl screws onto was moved around on different engine and will not work on the DB fuel tank mount, after that then you will just need the tank straps.

#19 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 23, 2012 - 05:18 AM

Thanks for the pics,Steve B.

#20 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 24, 2012 - 05:27 PM

When looking for a fuel tank to match a engine best way is to re-use the fuel tank off of the engine it came with, instead of mounting the fuel tank on the engine Briggs and Stratton just sent them to the DB Mfg plant and they mounted it on the tractor, but you have to be carfull, the drain hole on the tank were the sediment bowl screws onto was moved around on different engine and will not work on the DB fuel tank mount, after that then you will just need the tank straps.

Thanks for sharing, that's great info..
  • trowel said thank you