Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for February 2012!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#16 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 05, 2012 - 09:47 PM

Alright gang, we are going to start the voting on Saturday so you have until Saturday(probably midday) to get your nominations in. :D

#17 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted January 05, 2012 - 10:37 PM

My 71 1614, there was guy who moved and he sold this tractor to another guy who sold it to another guy.(my family knew them all) The last guy had it on craigslist for a long time and i emailed him in august about it then he stopped by my house and told me i could have it... for free! Put a new coil on it and it ran perfect. I use it all the time and it earns its keep. I have no attachments for it but i do have the brackets and mule drive to mount a belly mower.

I use it to do ordinary GT jobs like pull trailers, tow things around when needed, and drag logs. Sometimes I take it for the occasional joy ride if i haven't been getting enough seat time. My "joy rides" mostly consist of just cruising around the woods. Where i live, there are rock walls EVERYWHERE. The walls would present to be a challenge for most GT's, but not this one. With chains, steer brakes, and calcium filled tires, the walls dont phase this machine. So yes, you could call my tractor "a rock crawler"

Interesting tractor and walls. The only other time I've seen walls like that in the woods was in Gettysburg. Though the Civil war didn't come that far north, right??? If not, then are they from an earlier war? Revolutionary or Indian Skirmishes?
Watch - I'm probably way off and it was a bunch of kids who wanted to build a fort or something....

#18 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 05, 2012 - 11:21 PM

Interesting tractor and walls. The only other time I've seen walls like that in the woods was in Gettysburg. Though the Civil war didn't come that far north, right??? If not, then are they from an earlier war? Revolutionary or Indian Skirmishes?
Watch - I'm probably way off and it was a bunch of kids who wanted to build a fort or something....

No, I live by a stream called quasiak creek. (I know I spelled that wrong) and there was an old settelment a couple hundred years ago. It would be impssible for a few kids to build them, it would take a huge, huge... group of people years to build. They are in squares, say, about 300 feet by 300 feet. These squares are all over, not just in the woods behind my house, but driving down the road I see them every where I go. I wish I had more info on them because it always amazes me when I go into the woods. Thousands and thousands of rocks... probably millions...

#19 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted January 07, 2012 - 11:08 AM

Time is almost up, any last minute nominations?

If you didn't get in this one, prepare now for next month. The Theme is "Look what I Broke".

For the list of this years Themes, please see THIS post.
  • NUTNDUN said thank you

#20 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 07, 2012 - 11:10 AM

Going to allow a little more time for nominations yet today. Will close the nominations tonight at 9pm EST and get the voting started.

#21 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 07, 2012 - 08:41 PM

20 more minutes and nominations will be closed.

#22 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 07, 2012 - 09:04 PM

Nominations now officially closed. Will be posting the voting here in a few minutes.