Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 08:24 PM

The pto clutch should be under that hump in the tunnel cover, just under the front of the seat.

I lifted the cover on the hump up a little and saw a shaft--about 1" diameter running just beneath it. Is that the PTO shaft, or the hydro shaft?

#152 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 08:52 PM

That is the rear pto shaft.

#153 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 10:27 PM

Well, I went back up and took another look at the AC 620... It does have the shaft and clutch for the PTO, but no belly plan--thanks for warning me about it Daniel. It would be an easy enough fix, but I probably wouldnt look for it if you hadn't said something.

There is also a clutch on the front, but it doesn't have the shaft out of the front.

The hydro is covered with wet oil and dirt... a little concerning to me...

We talked a little more, and I told the owner I'd like to hear it run and drive it...he wasn't too anxious to even get the fuel line hooked up... he said if he did the extra work he'd want more money as it wouldn't be a "pig in a poke"--his words.

I'm thinking I probably need to steer clear of this one... I may be buying another DOA machine...

US

#154 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 27, 2014 - 05:33 PM

Today I put the Allis 620 in my old little shop to clean her up a bit to prepare for selling her.  Too many tractors not being used, and not enough time or energy to put into so many.  My former neighbor has been after me to sell it to him, so he'll get first shot.  I have another neighbor interested should he pass on it.  Always wanted one, so I fulfilled that wish.  Now time to pass it onto someone who will put her to more actual use.  Hate to see her go, but hate seeing her sit so much too.

DSC00016.JPG

Member "skullbone" is after my custom Massey.  Should I for sure decide to sell it, he gets 1st dibs.  Same with this one....sits 99.9% of the time if not more.

DSC00017.JPG

• Utah Smitty said thank you

#155 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted December 31, 2014 - 12:25 PM

Today I put the Allis 620 in my old little shop to clean her up a bit to prepare for selling her.  Too many tractors not being used, and not enough time or energy to put into so many. 

Daniel

I have a possible lead on a Simplicity that is the same model as the A/C 720, I believe.  It is hydro with 3 speed rear end and Onan flat twin.  I'm looking at it for a possible engine swap to a 2 cyl Ruggerini diesel I just purchased.  The diesel is air cooled vertical twin, approx. 23" high.

Is the Simplicity a good candidate for this type of swap?  Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,

Smitty

#156 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,699 Thanks
  • 8,892 posts

Posted December 31, 2014 - 01:00 PM

The Simplicity 4040/4041/9020 have a lot of room under the hood. From the engine to the grille is over a foot, I bet. Lots of room for a radiator.
  • Utah Smitty said thank you

#157 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 31, 2014 - 02:50 PM

Daniel

I have a possible lead on a Simplicity that is the same model as the A/C 720, I believe.  It is hydro with 3 speed rear end and Onan flat twin.  I'm looking at it for a possible engine swap to a 2 cyl Ruggerini diesel I just purchased.  The diesel is air cooled vertical twin, approx. 23" high.

Is the Simplicity a good candidate for this type of swap?  Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,

Smitty

Smitty, if I don't forget, I'll get you some interior dimensions from under the hood.

#158 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted December 31, 2014 - 09:12 PM

The Simplicity 4040/4041/9020 have a lot of room under the hood. From the engine to the grille is over a foot, I bet. Lots of room for a radiator.

I know there's quite a bit there, but I don't need room for a radiator as the engine is an air cooled diesel.  It's just kind of tall--about 23", and about 26" long, maybe a bit more, so I wanted to see if it would fit without having to modify sheet metal, etc.

Smitty