• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,462 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 01, 2012 - 06:05 PM

Does anyone have antivirus program on their smart phone?

#2 mikebramel OFFLINE  

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted January 02, 2012 - 12:22 AM

I do not. but then again, my blackberry probably doesnt support virus lol

#3 kb0nly OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7469
  • 18 Thanks
  • 63 posts

Posted January 02, 2012 - 12:59 AM

This is one of those things that i get asked a lot....

There is malicious software, aka APPS out there that could cause some problems, but the biggest part is knowing what you installing, read reviews, see if its a well known and trusted app before you use it. Web browsing for the most part is safer on these phones then a computer, why? Because we don't use the open browsers with more vulnerabilities.

If your phone is a Windows based phone, then i would be a LOT more worried then if you were running an Android OS phone. If your Android, don't waste your time or money or bother with slowing your phone down with some AV app. CNET did a large review and found most of the AV apps for Android phones added no real protection, nor was it really needed either however. But on the Windows based phones they found it could make a difference stopping stuff.

Basically if your using Windows you have a target on you... Doesn't matter if its a phone or a computer, when your running something that most of the world uses it means there is more people trying to mess with it.

Now don't get me wrong... There has been some reports of Android based phones being the target of one thing or another... But most of the time as long as your only installing apps from the Market they have been reviewed, and checked, and are safe for the most part. If you get apps from other sources then who knows!
  • Texas Deere and Horse and middleageddeere have said thanks

#4 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 01:01 PM

Totally agree.