• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 01, 2012 - 12:18 PM

I was just curious to see how many other members might be using Google+?

I for one can't stand facebook and the only reason I have an account on there is because of the website's facebook page.

With that being said and the progressions of the smartphones, mainly android and the tighter integration of google+ they are implementing and also thinking about being able to share pictures with family I thought we would give it a try.

We recently got mom and dad a smartphone, granted they probably won't ever use all of the features but at least this way they have a camera with them at all times and I am going to set them up with google+ along with some of our other family members.

We tend to take a lot of pictures when we are out and about and from different events like Christmas, tractor shows, birthdays, etc.. Seems like it would be a decent way to share those pics, instead of having to carry them with you on a flash drive, or on the phone itself and then have to transfer them to the other persons computer.

I know you can do that stuff on facebook but like I said I can't stand it. I don't know how long it will be until google starts having ads on their + pages and only time will tell.

#2 jdslednut OFFLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted January 01, 2012 - 12:54 PM

I have an account but haven't checked it for 2 months. Right now it's just another thing to steal my time from family and tractors. Maybe I'll get more into it in the future.

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 01, 2012 - 01:03 PM

I have an account but haven't checked it for 2 months. Right now it's just another thing to steal my time from family and tractors. Maybe I'll get more into it in the future.

That is one of the reasons why I think it is probably best for family sharing. I am uploading pictures from my BIL's wedding to my wife's account. Her mom hasn't seen all of them and it is a good way to test to see how it is going to work. I haven't used it at all up until today and I am just testing the waters.

#4 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted January 01, 2012 - 08:02 PM

Keep us posted on how it goes. My wife is on Facebook but I'm like you and can't stand it. When ever I have photo's to share I just upload them to Photobucket and send out the old email with a link.

#5 Gibby OFFLINE  

Gibby

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4886
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted January 01, 2012 - 10:01 PM

Tractor forums are as close to "social networking" as I get.

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 02, 2012 - 10:27 AM

So far it seems to be pretty decent. I have our oldest daughter, me, my wife and mom/dad on it. We are still in the trial process and learning how it works. So far though I can tell it will be an easy way to share pictures, I know we could use flickr or photobucket but I really like the way the pictures are presented on google plus.

When I post pics on the forum though I like to upload them directly, that way if a link ever changes the pictures don't get lost.