• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Enginerod OFFLINE  

Enginerod

• Member No: 1748
  • 205 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted January 05, 2012 - 06:56 PM

Thanks for the reply sergeant, I would like to make it a loader I can somewhat easily take off but it could wind up a dedicated loader tractor as I have other tractors for grass cutting and snow removal.

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,556 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted January 05, 2012 - 07:18 PM

Thanks for the reply sergeant, I would like to make it a loader I can somewhat easily take off but it could wind up a dedicated loader tractor as I have other tractors for grass cutting and snow removal.

Mine is totally dedicated for loader use. That's the great thing about having a bunch of tractors....not always taking something off & putting something else on.

#18 Sergeant OFFLINE  

Sergeant

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4149
  • 44 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted January 05, 2012 - 08:35 PM

Just wanted to show You another 4WD JD X585 Digging a Hole without a tooth Bar from another website I'm a Member Of.
Posted Image
Posted Image
and BTW if You ever want a Backhoe this company Welcome - Wallenstein Wallensten Make's a Backhoe that will fit the X475 thru the Current X700 series and Here is a video with both the Loader & Backhoe Mounted on a X595 John Deere X595 Diesel Cold Start - YouTube :thumbs:
  • mikebramel and JD DANNELS have said thanks

#19 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted January 06, 2012 - 09:05 AM

Really nice picture. One thing comes to mind. No rocks! You would need a major excavator to dig a hole like that here! The tooth bar makes all the difference for digging in compacted soil.

#20 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 06, 2012 - 04:57 PM

That is impressive. That soil is just what I expect to find when I get started on the Cellar, I plan to cut into the hill beside my house.
About a foot of top soil and Yellow Clay.

#21 Enginerod OFFLINE  

Enginerod

• Member No: 1748
  • 205 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted January 07, 2012 - 06:58 PM

Olcowhand, I looked at the hydro in the 1855, its the sundstrand. I don't know why I thought it had fins on it! Went to tractor supply today and bought a seat with a gift card my niece gave me for christmas, nice one with arm rests and all! Gonna start the loader build soon. Do you remember the wall thickness of the tubing you used? Bill.

#22 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,556 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted January 07, 2012 - 07:01 PM

Olcowhand, I looked at the hydro in the 1855, its the sundstrand. Gonna start the loader build soon. Do you remember the wall thickness of the tubing you used? Bill.

Both are good, but like I said, I think the Sundstrand is the best. I don't know the gauge, but the metal was about 1/8" thick.
  • Enginerod said thank you