3 replies to this topic

#1 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted December 31, 2011 - 10:43 AM

Well, I might take the plung and buy some ag tires . I been putting it off for years to build a custom garden tractor . The tires have been my hangup. Next week I am going to order a set of 26-12-12 ag tires because I already have a extra set of rims . Second I think I am going to also order a set of 30 x 8.00 x 12 and be the first one on the block to get some of those beauties. Got to get some wheels for them too. Thinking about getting four of them to duel up my custom tractor . The 26-12-12 s could be used on my 455 or on a future project. Anyone check on the cost for rims for the 30 x 8.00 x 12s ? I also am looking at 4 atv low speed ag tires that include rims and here is a picture of them all mounted . I will build the tractor from scratch so fender size or clearence is not a issue and no mower under it. I will hand build the hood so if the scale is larger than 1/2 that is also ok. Any feedback is welcome to help me take this plunge , ha,ha. atvgardentractortires.jpg

#2 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted December 31, 2011 - 10:51 AM

P.S. This will be very similar to building my models and once I get the tires I scale them up to that so they look right when completed. My favorite tractors on the farm as a teenager was our two jd 4020's wide fronts so I am now leaning towards that tractor for my first scratch built garden tractor project. I will look for a 332 or a 455 to use for the diesel powerplant and hydraulics. This is not going to be cheap but I'm not getting any younger either , ha,ha. I could just go buy another new JD compact but it is the excitement of using my hands and imagination to create something that is so fun. The two mini loaders kept me busy redoing them the last two summers but now it's time to get serious , ha,ha. Sorry to ramble on .
  • mikebramel said thank you

#3 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 31, 2011 - 04:35 PM

Don, no ramble lol. I would get 12x7 garden tractor rims to mount those 30x8-12 ags on. Then you can bolt them to 5 lug tractors. I know you are building it from scratch but still a suggestion so not to reinvent the wheel lol.

#4 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted December 31, 2011 - 07:43 PM

ok, thanks