5 replies to this topic

#1 Encrypt OFFLINE  

Encrypt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 502
  • 9 Thanks
  • 89 posts

Posted May 22, 2010 - 12:03 AM

Wife wasn't too happy when she noticed I got into a nice gun collection, so then I switched gears a little and started playing the guitar. Different hobby but still quite expensive... And now I'm dabbling in tractors... Why is it I can never pick a cheap hobby like rock collecting or something of the sort!

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted May 22, 2010 - 06:27 AM

I say stick with tractors :thumbs:
My excuse is, you need a tractor for each chore. One for tilling, One for Mowing , ect. :D

#3 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted May 22, 2010 - 08:41 AM

Yep, the more tractors, the better!

#4 Encrypt OFFLINE  

Encrypt

• Contributor
  • 9 Thanks
  • 89 posts

Posted May 22, 2010 - 09:56 PM

Yeah today was my first day out with the Ariens and I love that thing! I've always wanted to get a tractor but my yard really isn't that big to push with a mower but they are so much fun. I kind of want to get my father in-laws JD 322 if he ever gets to get rid of it.

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 01, 2010 - 09:37 AM

You are not the only one that changes hobbies and mine are also always the expensive ones. I always tell everyone I have a.d.d. The nice thing about this hobby that won't let it get old is almost everyone needs a garden tractor and it is something I get to do with my family. I went through r/c planes, guns, cars, etc... I would still like to get back into the giant scale r/c planes again but it needs to wait till the kids are a little more grown.

#6 Encrypt OFFLINE  

Encrypt

• Contributor
  • 9 Thanks
  • 89 posts

Posted June 01, 2010 - 10:13 PM

Yeah I've got some of R/C Planes. They are pretty big, they aren't the giant one with turbine engines. I have a bi-plane and a low wing. Both were my grandpa's before he passed. We use to run them all the time when I would go out and visit him. I think I might try and restore the bi-plane and hang it up but I'm not sure. I got a lot of engines and stuff for them too!