• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted August 15, 2012 - 08:09 PM

OK, here's a picture of two of my Power Kings after they were done putting up wood for the winter.

I never get tired of seeing that picture! The wide rear tires really makes the fel look much more aggressive!

#47 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 04:04 PM

Thanks. Here's a better picture of those tires on the back of the FEL. I like them. They really make the thing look like it means business. I also included a picture of my 73 Economy I picked up for free. The pic was taken the day I brought it home. I haven't done much with it yet but it's moving up on the list. I hope to maybe get it running this winter.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_2199.JPG
  • 100_1957.JPG

#48 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 05:26 PM

Thanks. Here's a better picture of those tires on the back of the FEL. I like them. They really make the thing look like it means business. I also included a picture of my 73 Economy I picked up for free. The pic was taken the day I brought it home. I haven't done much with it yet but it's moving up on the list. I hope to maybe get it running this winter.

I knew you had the '73 as well, but I did not know you got it for free! How on earth did you manage that one?

I had a set of the 9.5 tires on the '75 once, they were on for looks for one parade and then they came off again. I wish I still had them! Here is a picture of the parade, the picture was taken September 6th of 2008.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0785.JPG

#49 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 07:36 PM

Sharp looking tractor. I have a few free tractors sitting around. Three Wheelhorses in various stages of disrepair (Raider 14, B100 & 417A with 10hp kohler in place of the blown kt17) and that 73 Economy. The one Wheelhorse came to me in perfectly good running condition so I use it on occasion. I'm toying with the idea of tearing the 417A apart, swapping out the hydro for a gear drive and putting it back together painted black and gold to make it a Steeler tractor. My daughter, however, would like me to make it blue and gold for her (and my old) high school. We'll see.

#50 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 08:25 PM

Sharp looking tractor. I have a few free tractors sitting around. Three Wheelhorses in various stages of disrepair (Raider 14, B100 & 417A with 10hp kohler in place of the blown kt17) and that 73 Economy. The one Wheelhorse came to me in perfectly good running condition so I use it on occasion. I'm toying with the idea of tearing the 417A apart, swapping out the hydro for a gear drive and putting it back together painted black and gold to make it a Steeler tractor. My daughter, however, would like me to make it blue and gold for her (and my old) high school. We'll see.

Thanks, Jeff! It does not look as good anymore.

Have you posted pictures of the horses? I speak for all when I say; I would love to see some!

Edited by Ryan313, August 17, 2012 - 08:25 PM.

#51 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 09:36 PM

Thanks, Jeff! It does not look as good anymore.

Have you posted pictures of the horses? I speak for all when I say; I would love to see some!

I don't do as much with the horses aside from the Pond. I have a 2003 315-8 that I mow with but the others really aren't worth a picture at hs time. I want to get the whole crew out for some group pictures but that takes a lot of time that I don't seem to have these days.

#52 zamaro69 OFFLINE  

zamaro69
  • Member No: 10999
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted August 20, 2012 - 01:34 PM

Newbee to site - Ryan313 "found" one of my pics already haha

http://groups.yahoo....196406/pic/list
http://groups.yahoo....728617/pic/list
http://groups.yahoo....034088/pic/list

they are all on Power King yahoo site...

#53 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 08:54 PM

Newbee to site - Ryan313 "found" one of my pics already haha

http://groups.yahoo....196406/pic/list
http://groups.yahoo....728617/pic/list
http://groups.yahoo....034088/pic/list

they are all on Power King yahoo site...

Welcome Richard! Some very nice tractors you have there! :welcometogttalk:

#54 mdwoodcarver OFFLINE  

mdwoodcarver

• Member No: 7329
  • 17 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 10:30 PM

my 1975 powerking when i got it and after a year of rust removal. Till wee (as my grandson call her) 6-18-12 092.jpg 018 (2).jpg is a 2414

#55 stormscrambler OFFLINE  

stormscrambler
  • Member No: 13542
  • 1 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 09:44 PM

new to the site here is my 63 power king, al origanal and it has a front blade, and rear 3 point, hope to get it going real soon, and any good online parts stores or places for them thanks james

Attached Thumbnails

• 012.JPG

#56 jfejedelem OFFLINE  

jfejedelem
  • Member No: 13050
  • 1 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 02:49 PM

20121021_214108.jpg

Here is my new to me 68 with a front end loader, I cant wait for snow to play around with it.

#57 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 11:07 AM

Ryan- nuthing like a "workhorse" shown in action. Great pics, makes me want one pretty bad.....(not that I already didn't.....lol)

#58 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 08:58 PM

Hello Garden Tractor Forum, this is Cheryl Staggs, Dales wife. Dale has been hospitalized for a high fever. Following the admission to the hospital we found he was suffering from a big mass attached to his liver from the inside of the guts. This disease is known as Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. Right now it is not showing in any of his lymph nodes of the body but only confined to the liver area and around that area. The tumor (mass) is measuring 6x4 and is going to be a problem to take out so surgery is not an option at this time; however, they are going to try to shrink this tumor using chemo and other medicines. The doctors believe this is curable is attacked appropriately. Please keep Dale in your prayers as we progress through each step in this chapter of his life. God Bless You All, Cheryl

#59 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 09:15 PM

Hello Garden Tractor Forum, this is Cheryl Staggs, Dales wife. Dale has been hospitalized for a high fever. Following the admission to the hospital we found he was suffering from a big mass attached to his liver from the inside of the guts. This disease is known as Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. Right now it is not showing in any of his lymph nodes of the body but only confined to the liver area and around that area. The tumor (mass) is measuring 6x4 and is going to be a problem to take out so surgery is not an option at this time; however, they are going to try to shrink this tumor using chemo and other medicines. The doctors believe this is curable is attacked appropriately. Please keep Dale in your prayers as we progress through each step in this chapter of his life. God Bless You All, Cheryl

Oh my! Thank you so much for posting this. Please let Dale know that we are praying earnestly for his return to good health! Lean on God during these times and let Him carry the load. Be strong and please let us know if we can do anything.

#60 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 05:50 AM

Cheryl, thanks for letting us know. We'll start a prayer thread and I'll copy your post over there, Try to keep us updated, Here's a link to the thread.
  • DougT said thank you