#31 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 02:37 PM

I've had a few over the years, most gone now. Just bought another "Plastic King" as the 85 and later are called. And have that one coming from PA soon. I'll see if I can dig up some pix. Note the broom stick thru the KT17 Block and out the head end! This thing ran on one side to get off the trailer and had NO oil in it when I tore down! I put a 16 single Kohler in it and is in other pictures here. Was neat, should have kept that one.

Attached Thumbnails

• Plastic King engine tear down and blade build 006.jpg
  • PK BS For Sale 001.jpg
  • PK BS For Sale 006.jpg
  • Blades for PK 015.jpg
  • Blades for PK 013.jpg
  • Hot Rod PK side.jpg

Edited by glgrumpy, March 15, 2012 - 02:39 PM.

• Roland, Francisdig and cleolr60 have said thanks

#32 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 04:55 PM

der hey!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Welcome to the forum. Very nice PK you got there.
  • Roland said thank you

#33 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 04:57 PM

I've had a few over the years, most gone now. Just bought another "Plastic King" as the 85 and later are called. And have that one coming from PA soon. I'll see if I can dig up some pix. Note the broom stick thru the KT17 Block and out the head end! This thing ran on one side to get off the trailer and had NO oil in it when I tore down! I put a 16 single Kohler in it and is in other pictures here. Was neat, should have kept that one.

Some good looking tractors you got there. That custom one is pretty interesting looking.

#34 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:00 PM

Here are some pictures of my 1953 Economy King.

Since my pictures disappeared in the software switch, I'll upload a few more.
IMG_0005.jpg

PIMG0085.jpg

DSC_1967.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg
  • Roland said thank you

#35 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 06:02 PM

Here is my 1614.

Is that the original engine? If it is, that would make it a 1616, not a 1614. Either way, its a nice tractor you have!

Edited by Ryan313, March 15, 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#36 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 12:10 PM

I know we have gotten some new PK owners, and lots who never posted. Lets see them pics!
  • Roland said thank you

#37 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 10:37 PM

Took some pix today of my two PK Plastic Kings. One I got from out East and put bigger tires on, a twin engine and 3pt, but it has clutch that slips, so not so great to drive, won't pull anything. Other one is a 1617 that pulls OK, had 3pt, but I added draw-bar to it. It is better tractor, but having running issues with carb acting up diff everytime I run it! Did't run today without choke part-way out! Thought I had that cured last time I ran it. Also shot of my big speedex in one picture.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0257.JPG
  • DSCN0258.JPG
  • DSCN0261.JPG
  • DSCN0262.JPG

• Roland said thank you

#38 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,584 Thanks
  • 3,900 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 12:55 AM

I been thinking I'd get my PK's out for better pictures but guess I better put up what I have.
The first pic was taken in late 2008 just after I bought the 1973 1614 in the foreground. It came with a front blade and a 48 inch mower deck. I use this tractor around the farm for many tasks and it performs well.
The 1980 2418 smoked very badly when I got it so I took it apart and overhauled the engine. The crank and rod were machined for a bearing insert. Also the front axle was rebuilt and new tri-ribs installed. Then I got sidetracked and parked the tractor in a shed out back.
The second picture is the 1614 clearing my driveway. I have 100 pound weights on each rear wheel and 25 pound weights on each front wheel. The weights are on the inside of the wheels because they stuck out farther than the blade pushes snow. Bar reinforced truck tire chains were lengthened [by only three links] and fit the rear tires perfect. I have completely paid for this tractor by clearing driveways around town as I have a seasonal job and do not work in the winter time.

Attached Thumbnails

• twinz.JPG
  • pk snow.JPG

• Roland said thank you

#39 Bob 537 OFFLINE  

Bob 537
  • Member No: 10133
  • 68 Thanks
  • 127 posts

Posted June 08, 2012 - 08:48 PM

my 59'
DSC06496.JPG
  • Roland said thank you

#40 Bob 537 OFFLINE  

Bob 537
  • Member No: 10133
  • 68 Thanks
  • 127 posts

Posted June 17, 2012 - 06:02 AM

my 59'
DSC06496.JPG

a story behind my tractor

im not sure when im guessing late 70's to early 80's this tractor was given to my father by a neighbor. it was not running at the time. my father then tore down the entire tractor painted it and put it all back together and got it running. we had a plow and a dump trailer for this. then in 93 my father past away and a few years later my mom gave it back to the neighbor who gave it to us. i never saw it again. then beginning of this year i got the neighbors email from my mom and asked him if he was ever to sell the tractor (if he still had it) i want first option to buy it. few months later (because he goes to FL for the winter) my mom calls me and says email tony he has something to give you. so i emailed him and got the tractor back :laughingteeth: i picked it up 2 days before my birthday and got her running the next day. first thing i did was give my kids a ride ah childhood memories!

the plow and trailer are no longer with the tractor but i want a plow for it if someone knows or has one for me to buy
  • Roland said thank you

#41 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted June 17, 2012 - 09:17 PM

Great story to go with your tractor, thanks for sharing it. Hope you find a plow for it.

#42 Roland OFFLINE  

Roland
  • Member No: 10765
  • 31 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted August 09, 2012 - 08:04 PM

Found it Ryan! Now if I can just figure out how to add my pictures... I received this old Economy 1960 Jim Dandy, from an old Army buddy when we got back from duty (Ft. Bragg) during Operation Enduring Freedom. She was in back of his old barn rusting away, but she still had the original tires (with sizes on them) and it took me only nine years, but with the help of my brother in law we soon put our heads together to find exactly what we needed to restore her to original condition. At first I soaked the engine with penetrating oil, than one day in frustration; I took a "tank bar" and forced the engine over. Than I had to find a gas tank and hook her up, drain the old oil and put new oil in, than I tried to pull started the old engine. It smoked a roared to life, but almost out of control! I tinkered around with the settings and the carburetor, but she still wanted to run away. Than about a year ago my brother in law moved back into town, we hit the engine manual together and I soon discovered that the carb flapper had been installed backwards. To make a long story short, we rebuilt and installed new parts on the entire engine. All told we spent around $700.00 ( not including labor) to restore her to good working order. The original paint scheme was Allis Chalmers Orange, and I had to custom order reproduction engine decals. Yet it was allot of fun for us, and this old farm family loves to reminisce about their days riding on their (Farmall "Super M") - I think it was.
Jim Dandy, John Deere & GMC

Economy "Jim Dandy" tractor (1960)

• Gtractor and Ryan313 have said thanks

#43 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted August 09, 2012 - 09:25 PM

I am glad you got them posted! That is a cool story you have with it! Background information makes a tractor much more interesting, IMO. Do you have any before pics? It sounds like it was rough when you got it!

#44 Roland OFFLINE  

Roland
  • Member No: 10765
  • 31 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted August 09, 2012 - 11:20 PM

I am glad you got them posted! That is a cool story you have with it! Background information makes a tractor much more interesting, IMO. Do you have any before pics? It sounds like it was rough when you got it!

Well let me see... I had started to clean it up at this point, but this will give you an idea. Thanks Ryan, your a good man!Old Jim.jpg

#45 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 07:23 AM

OK, here's a picture of two of my Power Kings after they were done putting up wood for the winter.

Attached Thumbnails

• Firewood.jpg

• Ryan313 said thank you