6 replies to this topic

#1 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted December 29, 2011 - 12:04 PM

It has been a while since cookiemonster gave me this sheet metal. I just havnt got around to taking pics but here they are
.panzer 006.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• panzer 005.jpg
  • panzer 007.jpg

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted December 29, 2011 - 05:52 PM

Nice Machine
I like that 2 person seat option :D

#3 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted December 29, 2011 - 09:47 PM

Looks good! I recognize the little Pittsburgh decal on there. I didn't put that on as I had it all of a month b/for giving it to you. I notice that the floor plate is missing which is kind of a big deal for looks and somewhere for you or a second person to put their feet. If you have a piece of 1/8 inch plate, I could trace and cut it for you from mine. I still have the floor plate in mine (to trace) even though I went to T70 sheet metal. Even if you had 2 pieces... could weld them together. It just has to be big enough to cover that rectangular hole between your seat and the dash. It goes from center to center of the 2 frame tubes from side to side.

#4 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted December 30, 2011 - 09:53 AM

i want to put a peice of dimond plate to cover the hole. just havnt got around to it. I got the original on but its all stripped down. So it looks wierd when i put it on.

#5 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted December 30, 2011 - 12:27 PM

i want to put a peice of dimond plate to cover the hole. just havnt got around to it. I got the original on but its all stripped down. So it looks wierd when i put it on.

Hit the floor plate with a shot of grey primer. It would fit right in with the grey/silver on the nose and the aluminum drive pulley. I'd definitely not recommend hitting it with any of that teal paint until you're ready to go all in. doing just one panel stands out like a sore thumb. That stuff is bright.

#6 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted December 30, 2011 - 02:51 PM

yes it is, Just wondering how much it cost u to redo ur panzer. with new paint and stuff. I wanta redo mine im just worried about cost.

#7 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted December 30, 2011 - 06:25 PM

yes it is, Just wondering how much it cost u to redo ur panzer. with new paint and stuff. I wanta redo mine im just worried about cost.

That Paint is pricey. Sherwin williams and all. If you got the paint equipment already, just primer and paint enough to do it will be a hundred.