32 replies to this topic

#31 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1369
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 08:33 PM

Good to see she's still going strong. Also good to see you got some tin for those heads. Those Onans sure throw the heat and really need all the tin for cooling.
Case turned the engine around in the frame compared to every other brand of tractor and on the Onans they added a pair of tins to the rear of the heads to deflect heat off your legs. I've asked my son who's the fab artist to duplicate them for me but he stays busy and hasn't got to them yet.
Have you got used to the rearend growl yet?

Attached Thumbnails

• onan -1.jpg
  • onan -2.jpg
  • onan -3.jpg

• KennyP and markdombroski have said thanks

#32 markdombroski OFFLINE  

markdombroski

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6157
  • 196 Thanks
  • 432 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 11:58 PM

Good to see she's still going strong. Also good to see you got some tin for those heads. Those Onans sure throw the heat and really need all the tin for cooling.
Case turned the engine around in the frame compared to every other brand of tractor and on the Onans they added a pair of tins to the rear of the heads to deflect heat off your legs. I've asked my son who's the fab artist to duplicate them for me but he stays busy and hasn't got to them yet.
Have you got used to the rearend growl yet?

Thank you for looking at my pictures and sharing the tin work.  I have the heads covered and do have the other tin parts.  Still need to sandblast and paint them.  It is amazing how much hot air rushes past your feet.  I will see how the additional tin will fix this.  Also, there are other tin pieces that deflect heat around the exhaust pipes.  I have these, but they need some welding and repair work.

5423189_8_l.jpg

Edited by markdombroski, August 08, 2013 - 12:13 AM.

• KennyP said thank you

#33 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,486 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 05:53 AM

I like those extra tins idea! Need to do that on Bertha as the flywheel is forward on it.