tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 09, 2010 - 06:22 PM

Ugh! They're calling for another 16 to 20 inches. Watch out Baltimore, Philadelphia and New York. North of that will probably get hammered too.

What you have had enough?

Yea, they are saying 20-24" addition up here. I already have about 4" of additinal snow on the ground.

#17 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 01:34 PM

I just got in from blowing about 2 feet of snow out of my drive way. The blower was working great today.
I need snow shoes to walk around. It's up to my waist.

Here is my wife trying to make through the snow in the back yard. :tongue1: Also, my driveway after blowing some snow.

They declared a state of emergency. So, you are not allowed to drive on the roads except for emergency vehicles, or personal emergency. :(

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN2391.jpg
  • DSCN2393.jpg

#18 Weaverama OFFLINE  

Weaverama

• Member No: 38
  • 1 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 02:36 PM

I plowed out the driveway this morning; no where to put the snow so I shoved it out into and across the road. We probably have about 20 additional inches; it's just blowing so damn hard you can't find a place to measure. It is still coming down sideways here in North Central Maryland. You folks up north oughta get ready for some bad stuff, this coastal low is a nasty bugger.

It should start to taper dwon in the next two hours here in MD but the wind will continue to drift the snow and it will be days before D.C. and Baltimore get back to normal. Our kids are out of school for the rest of the week.

Plowing is futile but if you do, remember to pile the snow up on the down wind side. If you pile it up on the up wind side, it creates a wind break and the blowing snow will just pile up behind that mound of snow you have created.

And Todd, yes I've had enough F***ing "Seat Time" until spring, thank you very much. I bet I have put 25 hours on my tractor since Gladhill changed the oil in late January.

And here is my forecast......there will be a baby boom 9 months from now in the mid-Atlantic states.:rocker2:

#19 Guest_James66_*

Guest_James66_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 10, 2010 - 06:59 PM

Ok I posted some pic from yesterday, and here the one from today. didn't get as much as tweidman would of been nice to get half of that, never the less had fun James

Edited by James66, February 10, 2010 - 07:05 PM.

#20 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 07:11 PM

I just got in from blowing about 2 feet of snow out of my drive way. The blower was working great today.
I need snow shoes to walk around. It's up to my waist.

Here is my wife trying to make through the snow in the back yard. :tongue1: Also, my driveway after blowing some snow.

They declared a state of emergency. So, you are not allowed to drive on the roads except for emergency vehicles, or personal emergency. :(

You have a pretty long driveway. I am glad we moved and aren't at our old house anymore. That driveway was a 1/4 mile long and gravel.