• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Weaverama OFFLINE  

Weaverama

• Member No: 38
  • 1 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 05, 2010 - 03:10 PM

It just started to stick here in Maryland. This scene will change over the next 36 hours. I had to leave the John Deere out in the cold under a tarp. There will be no way to open the shed doors when it really starts coming down. More pics to come.

Weaverama

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4518.jpg
  • IMG_4517.jpg

#2 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 05, 2010 - 03:15 PM

Rich, I had more snow than that this morning, from last weeks storm. I hope I can make it home from work????? btw, I like your enclosed trailer....

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 06, 2010 - 07:49 AM

How bad have you guys got hammered so far? We have about 15" so far and they are calling for another 2-8". I am an arse though because I forgot to turn the tractor around yesterday and I don't have enough room in the garage to get it turned around so I might be doing a little manual labor.

I really wish I would have gotten the snow blower setup on the 12. <hindsight is always 20/20> LOL

#4 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 06, 2010 - 07:59 AM

How bad have you guys got hammered so far? We have about 15" so far and they are calling for another 2-8". I am an arse though because I forgot to turn the tractor around yesterday and I don't have enough room in the garage to get it turned around so I might be doing a little manual labor.

I really wish I would have gotten the snow blower setup on the 12. <hindsight is always 20/20> LOL

I'm going to use my blade, I don't think the blower does any better than the plow.

#5 Weaverama OFFLINE  

Weaverama

• 1 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 06, 2010 - 08:39 AM

It just started to stick here in Maryland. This scene will change over the next 36 hours. I had to leave the John Deere out in the cold under a tarp. There will be no way to open the shed doors when it really starts coming down. More pics to come.

Weaverama

Well Todd, how much do you think we got? I have drifts at 4-5 feet deep but it was blowing so daggone hard it 's impossible to tell how much we really got. My guess is 20 inches so far and it's still coming down as of 8:30am at about one half to three quarters of an inch per hour. These pics are from the same window, again its hard to tell becuase the wind was blowing. Our Wiener dog is going to have a to go of it for awhile.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4519.jpg
  • IMG_4520.jpg

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,559 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted February 06, 2010 - 09:21 AM

Well, I did get to sleep in, but woke up to just a dusting of snow. They called for 2 to 4"...not enough out there to cover the dirt.

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 06, 2010 - 09:48 AM

I took a quick video of my failed attempt at plowing LOL. I ended up paying the neighbor $25 to plow us out then with his backhoe. I will post the video in a little LOL

#8 Weaverama OFFLINE  

Weaverama

• 1 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 06, 2010 - 11:18 AM

I plowed 3 times last night and could not even tell I did this morning. The Deere was snowed under and it would not move. I took my Jeep and ran it up and down the driveway a few times just to knock it down a little. Then I dug the tractor out and got it headed down hill. You gotta take baby steps at first to avoid getting stuck. Once you get down to solid snow/asphalt you can start pushing it. The trouble is finding where to put 2 feet of snow.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4530.JPG
  • IMG_4533.JPG

#9 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 06, 2010 - 11:26 AM

I tried taking baby steps with it but our driveway is sloped downhill a decent amount and as I started pushing what didn't come back over the blade just mounded into a big pile that the tractor couldn't push anymore. What would fall back around or over the blade made it almost impossible for me to back up then. I need to get or build a weight box for the back of it. All I have right now is chains.

#10 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 06, 2010 - 01:25 PM

I plowed 3 times last night and could not even tell I did this morning. The Deere was snowed under and it would not move. I took my Jeep and ran it up and down the driveway a few times just to knock it down a little. Then I dug the tractor out and got it headed down hill. You gotta take baby steps at first to avoid getting stuck. Once you get down to solid snow/asphalt you can start pushing it. The trouble is finding where to put 2 feet of snow.

I did not start to plow untill this morning, what a mistake. It was over my knees this morning and every time I shovel the deck off for the dogs, two minutes later it covered again.
The local news guy said Carrol got hit the hardest, go figure, 32" @ 1pm, and it's not stopping.
I'm heading back out again to see if I can make a dent in it....:rolleyes1:
I'll bring the camera out with me this time.

#11 Guest_James66_*

Guest_James66_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 08, 2010 - 12:33 PM

well I mite be getting more then I can handle! but I'll have fun any ways I think tuesday 3' to 6' and wenday total 8' to 18. but I live aways from the city so the drifts will be 3 foot, I'll post some pic before I start and when I'm done James

#12 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted February 08, 2010 - 05:03 PM

Good luck, and we want pictures!

It was sunny here today

#13 tweidman ONLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 08, 2010 - 06:09 PM

Good luck, and we want pictures!

It was sunny here today

I posted some, here...

http://www.gttalk.co...n-a-MF-12h-push

#14 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted February 08, 2010 - 10:29 PM

I posted some, here...

http://www.gttalk.co...n-a-MF-12h-push

Wow! what a mess, at least you got some seat time LOL

#15 Weaverama ONLINE  

Weaverama

• 1 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 09, 2010 - 02:12 PM

Ugh! They're calling for another 16 to 20 inches. Watch out Baltimore, Philadelphia and New York. North of that will probably get hammered too.