#1 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted May 20, 2010 - 07:32 AM

With so many people having ATVS and UTVS they sure make a mess of the ditch's that border my place.I take pride in cutting keeping my yard nice and trimmed as well as the Ditches that border my place.It's sure a shame that these riders that come from who knows where figure that they can drive where ever they D## well please.Last weekend had some people riding thru the Ditches in front of my property and now its a big mess of ruts 12-16 inches deep.Guess I'am done cutting the Ditches thats for sure.The worse part is they only went in the Ditch where it was all kept nice,It was easy riding no tall grass etc to have to contend with.What a shame that they did this seeing as its in front of my yard etc.Guess I'll just have to let it grow up and look like h#%%.My reason for keeping it clean was it looks nice plus its a fire hazard with the tall dry grass.Sorry about the Ranting its just a tad bit upsetting that others don't respect peoples properties just on account of its[only in the country who cares] Larry

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted May 20, 2010 - 09:34 AM

Don't apologize for the rant Larry, no need. That same behavior with ATV's, etc is everywhere. Being a dairy, we have fences that keep them out of cattle areas, but some do sneak into our fields, but not often. Seems nobody wants to break into fields with a big bull in them. Frineds with land in the nearby river bottoms have tons of problems. They will tear across planted corn & bean fields, ripping the crop to shreds. He even had a steer shot last year. He caught them skinning it in prep to have a big feast. His shotgun told them otherwise. The sheriff took over from there. I used to ride dirtbike many years ago, and I respected land owners, but most did not. Most that do not own land have no comprehension of landowner's rights, or respect of them. Who actually owns the ditch? Can you legally block it in any way?

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,668 Thanks
  • 17,196 posts

Posted May 20, 2010 - 11:18 AM

Its a common problem everywhere you go. people just dont seem to have respect for other peoples land.

#4 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 552 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted May 20, 2010 - 01:06 PM

Same here they don't think r care

#5 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted May 20, 2010 - 03:52 PM

Don't apologize for the rant Larry, no need. That same behavior with ATV's, etc is everywhere. Being a dairy, we have fences that keep them out of cattle areas, but some do sneak into our fields, but not often. Seems nobody wants to break into fields with a big bull in them. Frineds with land in the nearby river bottoms have tons of problems. They will tear across planted corn & bean fields, ripping the crop to shreds. He even had a steer shot last year. He caught them skinning it in prep to have a big feast. His shotgun told them otherwise. The sheriff took over from there. I used to ride dirtbike many years ago, and I respected land owners, but most did not. Most that do not own land have no comprehension of landowner's rights, or respect of them. Who actually owns the ditch? Can you legally block it in any way?

The Local Municipal Govt owns the Ditchs etc: road allowance,there's been a few people who've tried blocking stuff off but were in trouble for doing so[more trouble then the ones causing damage] its almost best to leave it alone and not say too much. I said something to the ones doing damage they left but some time that night someone came back with 4x4 truck and really made a mess.Can't prove who did it as I didn't see them only can specalate,almost best to keep ones mouth quite.Done my ranting now.Larry

#6 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted May 20, 2010 - 07:18 PM

Larry, who's to say who left the nail spiked boards hidden in the weeds & mud.:D

#7 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,668 Thanks
  • 17,196 posts

Posted May 21, 2010 - 05:20 AM

larry, who's to say who left the nail spiked boards hidden in the weeds & mud.:D

lol:bigrofl::bigrofl:

#8 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted May 21, 2010 - 09:20 AM

Larry, who's to say who left the nail spiked boards hidden in the weeds & mud.:D

lol:bigrofl::bigrofl:

Larry is awfully quiet.....do you hear a hammer too?:bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl:

#9 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 21, 2010 - 12:00 PM

It's the same thing up here where I live too,no respect.

#10 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted May 21, 2010 - 03:26 PM

We have a number younger neighbour kids all boys around here they ride dirt bikes,pedal bikes 3 wheelers couldn't do anything to possibly inflick any harm to any of them.I'd feel pretty poorly if anything happend to them on acct of me. The problem isn't them its the bigger kids weekenders,drinkers etc:oour road is a dead end road big party place up at the end for the older ones so now with all the atvs,utvs its a well know party area.Larry

#11 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted May 21, 2010 - 03:38 PM

Yeah, I was just kidding anyway, as I hope you know. It is a shame nothing is done to help you. The law could stop it if they wanted to.

#12 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted May 21, 2010 - 03:56 PM

I know you guys were kidding.I did pick up the local paper today and what there trying to do out here is get a bunch of atv ers etc: to form some kinda club to create trails etc for them with hopes of trying to stop some of what's happening around here and other places,{its a big problem all over} Looks almost like there trying to set something up same as what they have for snowmobile's in the winter etc: Just have to wait and see what happens as everything takes time .Larry.

#13 Encrypt OFFLINE  

Encrypt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 502
  • 9 Thanks
  • 89 posts

Posted May 22, 2010 - 11:26 PM

I still ride ATV's and Dirt bikes and always made sure I had permission to be on the land before anything was said. It seems though with today's kids they just don't have the respect that they should have for other people's property or respect for other people altogether....