• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Stimey OFFLINE  

Stimey

• Member No: 7841
  • 1 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted December 23, 2011 - 02:06 PM

Just purchased a LT or GT don't know what, I paid 50$ for it and have not seen it yet the guy told me it was a 24 HP briggs twin motor. I am guessing it is 8 yrs old? dont know why I am guessing that he says it was grey in collar anyone have a guess what it might be? HOPE its a FF24 and he dont know the difference between Onan and Briggs.

#2 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,301 Thanks
  • 2,335 posts

Posted December 24, 2011 - 06:59 PM

Sounds like an LT like this.
Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

The FF series was made in the Mid 1980s.

#3 Stimey OFFLINE  

Stimey

• 1 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted December 24, 2011 - 07:13 PM

I No I No! EricfromPa, but I don't want it to be! Iwant an FF! Anyway I will use the wheels for my grandkids go cart, I am in the middle of a go cart called a shredder that I got the plans from Ubuildit. I dont know how old it is, but think if it was as large as a FF he would have mentioned that he would have to use the trailer or something. He is going to Fall River Ks for the holidays and going to bring it back, should know what it is Tuesday. What can I do with the 24 horse vertical shaft motor?

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted December 25, 2011 - 08:32 AM

From what I understand of your post, you are going to part out this tractor. Get some pics of it if you can and maybe we can get ideas going on that motor. Might be some other parts off it that can see further use.

#5 Stimey OFFLINE  

Stimey

• 1 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted December 26, 2011 - 07:05 AM

Absolutly Kennyp I will post pics maybe tuesday night, I just ran across some old D.B. emplements that I can see putting a sleeve hitch on, but would rather get others opinion before I cut into something that might be useful or desirable for others. I mean I don't want to cut something up that might be more useful in its original state then modified. Where would the best place to post these or start a thread that others might be able to have fun with suggesting modifications or can scream hay dont cut that Up.

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted December 26, 2011 - 07:43 AM

You could list the implements in the classifieds just to see if you get any bites. If no interest, then try the Implements forum on making them fit what you have. Might check the DB forum and ask a few questions in there about them, Just remember, no for sale ads except the classifieds.

#7 Stimey OFFLINE  

Stimey

• 1 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted December 26, 2011 - 08:57 AM

Well I wouldn't sell them unless someone is wanting original two wheel stuff, I know how it is to find something that you have looked all over for just to see someone has cut it up. The kids are wanting to do a little larger garden this year, and I am wanting to use these to pull behind my GT, I have an idea that all that work might be easier from the back of my gt then on foot. I am not really sure how to use some of these attachments, I know kinda what they are but not sure about the most productive intent for them.

#8 Stimey OFFLINE  

Stimey

• 1 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted December 29, 2011 - 09:44 AM

Just purchased a LT or GT don't know what, I paid 50$ for it and have not seen it yet the guy told me it was a 24 HP briggs twin motor. I am guessing it is 8 yrs old? dont know why I am guessing that he says it was grey in collar anyone have a guess what it might be? HOPE its a FF24 and he dont know the difference between Onan and Briggs.

gentlemen this just fell through, the motor is gone and I can have the rest of the frame for 10$ if he ever brings it to town, I think I am going to call this one gone for all practical purposes, feel free to delete this thread or what ever you do with these things. Thanks for everything I will find another project to share with you all.

#9 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,645 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 29, 2011 - 09:49 AM

I hate it when a good deal fall through! Sorry it happened to you. We'll just leave this thread as-is.

#10 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 5,017 posts

Posted December 29, 2011 - 10:43 AM

bummer