34 replies to this topic

#31 tinner OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted December 23, 2011 - 03:39 AM

My first was a 1947 Ford Coupe. It was stock when I got it but I added Edmunds alum. heads, a Fenton 2 x 2 intake, 39 Ford floor shift and a Columbia 2 speed rear end. My favorite was a 1967 SS396 Chevelle that I got when I returned from Vietnam. It was Marina blue with matching interior, 375HP with 4 on the floor. Ex-wife got that car............sure miss the car.

#32 -DC- OFFLINE  

Bigfoot is REAL

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 37
  • 33 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted December 23, 2011 - 05:28 AM

First cars=So many memories :smile1:

My first was a '73 Gran Torino Sport fastback. Screamin' canary yellow (mostly) with that always attractive buckskin brown interior.....

Didn't look anywhere as nice as this one, but you get the idea. I must say it did ride like a dream though.

My first love was my '79 Trans Am. Still miss it to this day. :(

Actual car before, wrecked and after a run in with a curb and fence on a rainy day...

Thanks for the thread Tennblue59 :orangecool:
Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• TAint.jpg
  • TA1.jpg
  • wrecked.jpg

#33 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 23, 2011 - 05:50 AM

I am a Ford guy,and pretty much have always been.I have had many Mustangs and Ford trucks.But my first car was a 196? Epic Envoy.Hey,don't laugh,it got me form point A to point B more times then I can remember.
Sadly,I have no pictures that I can share.That's not quite true,I have old Polaroid snap shots of some of them,but no way to scan them.

#34 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,055 Thanks
  • 1,436 posts

Posted December 23, 2011 - 08:41 AM

I'll play along and say that the first car I got to drive was my brothers 1949 Austin? It used as much oil as gas.Was just a blue cloud behind us,and probably in the car as well.No I don't miss that one.The first one I owned was a 1963 4 door corvair kinda miss that one.Larry

#35 Canawler OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,880 Thanks
  • 1,744 posts

Posted December 23, 2011 - 09:25 PM

1973 Dodge Dart Swinger - triple black - 318 auto
It ran like crap and I didn't know much about cars back then. My dad's mechanic couldn't get it running well so it eventually got sold when I went off to college. If I only knew then what I know now....