FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted December 20, 2011 - 01:40 PM

Hey guys... well, as a stroke of luck, and my bosses telling me "go west young man", I am working in Western Mass for a month or so. Well, the hour and a half commute (one way) is a pain, at least I am now able to get out to the same guy that recovered DMF's tractor seat a little while back. I decided to go with a medium gray pleated material in the middle and black smooth on the rest. This was mainly because it was free to do so and he did not have the black in stock. I think it will set it off very nice with the gray on the tractor. I should have it back tomorrow, heck... I had trouble getting out of there without him doing it while I waited! I have dealt with Park Auto Trim in Palmer, Mass before and they will blow away almost anyone else on price. The whole two-tone seat will only cost $45-$50 when he is done!

I will be edging up some parts on my snow-blower, so I will paint my low-back seat frame in red later this week. Once dry, I will be able to get my new seat on the tractor, I can't wait!

I am seriously debating having him do the pads for the Hydro, I am no where ready for them yet, but there is a very high chance he will not be around (retired) when I am ready!

I will post some photos tomorrow, but for now, it looks awesome! Before I left, the top pad was already stiched up! He will finish up the rest, and replace all the padding on them for me by tomorrow. I wanted to give him more time, but this is what he wants. :D

#2 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted December 20, 2011 - 02:42 PM

Sounds like a good guy to have do stuff.Price sounds good also.

#3 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted December 20, 2011 - 03:59 PM

Yea, when he is gone it will be a big loss, not many of these kind of guys around anymore! Even for as old as he is, and all his ailments, this guy was kicking butt on that cover! I could of seriously waited for it if I wanted to.

Edited by JDBrian, December 20, 2011 - 05:28 PM.

#4 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 12:43 PM

Well, here we go! I picked them up today and they look great... except that he used gray thread on the bottom to stitch the insert in place. I like the gray to be honest, but I can either just hit the thread with a black sharpie and call it a day, or ask him to restitch the upper with gray. I have not decided yet... What do you all think? I really don't want to make him re-do it because he reallu does not charge a lot. I could very well have the second seat done the same way and have him make me the reverse pair though! That might be the ticket, if I make very sure he knows which one to use the thread on, eh? I had to go back to bring him my neighbor's seat back for him to recover next week. I may keep mine in the car until then, and bring my other seat parts for the hydro.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Although.... the more I look at it in the photo, I think I like the black thread on the top pad better...

#5 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 06:15 PM

That looks really nice!

#6 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 06:31 PM

Either way way i think They both look good.He does good work.

#7 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,455 Thanks
  • 6,623 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 08:12 PM

The seat looks great!! Can't wait to see it on , Al

#8 DanP OFFLINE  

DanP

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6989
  • 276 Thanks
  • 467 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 09:25 PM

What year is your Massey?I have seen some that are white and black and some that are all black. Mine is a 1968.

#9 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 10:37 PM

Mine is a '74, but that is not the original seat. Mine had the newer style formed seat when it was new. I have an old MTD seat on it right now, and the one that will go on it was from a parts tractor. It was all black when original, but the early '66's did have a low back two tone seat, that was also a one piece molded seat.

Right now, I need to wet sand the primed seat frame and paint it up. It is a little cold though, so I need some fuel for the heater first!

Thanks for all the nice comments though, I can't wait to get it on.

#10 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1337
  • 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted December 22, 2011 - 03:06 PM

Nice!