• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Twood OFFLINE  

Twood

• Member No: 7790
  • 4 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted December 20, 2011 - 10:53 AM

I recently bought a Case 222 serial #14036855. It has a black frame and a 38" white mower deck. The paint seems to be original Been told it is a 1983. Searching around for different things I have never seen or heard of one like it. Someplace I seen it mentioned that was a collector item. Does anyone know how many years they were made? Still trying to work out some hydraulic issues on mine.

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 20, 2011 - 11:18 AM

You could very well have one of the "Black Knight" (I think that's what they're called) tractors. I'm no expert on them, but we have a few guys on here who will be able to help. Some pictures may be helpful with the ID too. And besides we really like to look at pictures!

#3 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2454
  • 76 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted December 20, 2011 - 11:37 AM

That is not a Black Knight. It is just called a black frame model, I am not sure of the years produced, but will find out for you if nobody else lets you know. They are starting to gain collector status due to the fact they were only made a couple or so years. A lot of the attachments were painted white to go with these models. It should also have a white seat. If it does, take it off and put a black one in it's place. Store the white one in a safe place. That is going to end up one of the high dollar items to collectors on the years to come.
  • Twood said thank you

#4 Twood OFFLINE  

Twood

• 4 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted December 20, 2011 - 12:25 PM

That is not a Black Knight. It is just called a black frame model, I am not sure of the years produced, but will find out for you if nobody else lets you know. They are starting to gain collector status due to the fact they were only made a couple or so years. A lot of the attachments were painted white to go with these models. It should also have a white seat. If it does, take it off and put a black one in it's place. Store the white one in a safe place. That is going to end up one of the high dollar items to collectors on the years to come.

To late someone already replaced the seat

#5 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted December 20, 2011 - 01:47 PM

83/84 black frame with white attachments i think

#6 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted December 20, 2011 - 01:48 PM

the demonstrator would have black tin work, not the frame, but i guess it depends what is your definition of "frame"

#7 Twood OFFLINE  

Twood

• 4 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted December 20, 2011 - 10:02 PM

the demonstrator would have black tin work, not the frame, but i guess it depends what is your definition of "frame"

No it isn't the demonstrator. Black frame is the rear differential, the front axle and the main u channel running front to back.

#8 KBear OFFLINE  

KBear

Garden Tractor Nerd

• Member No: 1459
  • 89 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted December 26, 2011 - 06:39 PM

I recently bought a Case 222 serial #14036855. It has a black frame and a 38" white mower deck. The paint seems to be original Been told it is a 1983. Searching around for different things I have never seen or heard of one like it. Someplace I seen it mentioned that was a collector item. Does anyone know how many years they were made? Still trying to work out some hydraulic issues on mine.

Yep, according to the SN you gave for your 222 Black Frame it is a 1983. Sure the paint could very well be original and, yep, Case did indeed make a Black Frame version with Power White attachments. As far as how many years they were manufactured that I'm not aware of. Sure wish we could resolve your hydraulic issues on that tractor. There's a linkage issue going on there.

DSC00337.jpg

Kenneth

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted January 13, 2012 - 06:04 PM

Yep, according to the SN you gave for your 222 Black Frame it is a 1983. Sure the paint could very well be original and, yep, Case did indeed make a Black Frame version with Power White attachments. As far as how many years they were manufactured that I'm not aware of. Sure wish we could resolve your hydraulic issues on that tractor. There's a linkage issue going on there.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27088[/ATTACH]

Kenneth

Posted ImagePosted Image

Late 83-84 So basically 84 my production that is what the black frame is limited to. They all have white seats, white wheels, and white implements although dealers would sell the power red implements to the buyers because they would work fine with them. Although 84 model year implements were also power white. I have a few black frames and absolutely love them, not only are they powerful machines they are also good looking...and quite the work horse...