• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 craig66 OFFLINE  

craig66

• Member No: 7643
  • 0 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted December 19, 2011 - 08:56 PM

Where is the cheapest place to purchase JD Parts?

Also, I'm looking for a bagger for a LX 188

#2 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted December 19, 2011 - 09:23 PM

I usually just go to my local dealer - he has been good to me in the past. You can always go to JDPArts online and get the price, order online and pick up at your dealers store. Easy.

Depending on what you are looking for, you may be able to get it at one of the discount houses (NAPA, Advanced Auto, etc) cheaper.

Also, some Deere products are rebranded offerings from other vendors (many diesel engines are yanmar, some walk behind commercial mowers are Exmark products, hydro transaxles, Kohler/Briggs/Kawasaki engines,etc). Sometimes the other vendor MAY be cheaper than the Deere dealer. YMMV.....

#3 Tmo OFFLINE  

Tmo

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2023
  • 356 Thanks
  • 486 posts

Posted December 19, 2011 - 10:19 PM

It's a good idea to use your local JD dealer, get to know him, etc. Also, registering at JD Parts online is a great idea, as you can find the part you need, check price and your dealer's inventory, have it ordered to your dealer and arrange for pick up. Also, be aware, that some parts are specifically spec for JD, i.e. belts. Getting aftermarket in those items isn't a good idea as, in the case of belts, JD belts are designed to fit properly in all dimensional aspects, not just in length, and will last longer and give better performance.

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 20, 2011 - 12:16 PM

For generic engine parts you may be better off mail ordering parts but you need to check the JDParts.com site to get a price first. Some stuff is close to the same price at the dealer.

#5 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted December 20, 2011 - 12:26 PM

I would also check with our site supporters.
http://gardentractor...-site-sponsors/
  • caseguy said thank you

#6 Tmo OFFLINE  

Tmo

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2023
  • 356 Thanks
  • 486 posts

Posted December 20, 2011 - 08:55 PM

Here is another good source online. Keeping It Green: Your Premier Online Source for all John Deere Parts

They're actually a JD dealer located in Dutzow, Missouri and are great people to deal with. Here is their dealer website: SCHWEISSGUTH BROS., INC.
  • ducky said thank you

#7 craig66 OFFLINE  

craig66

• Member No: 7643
  • 0 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted December 22, 2011 - 08:31 AM

Thanks everyone. I have a local JD dealer. I have done business with them for other lawn tractors and chain saws. Very high priced.

#8 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted December 22, 2011 - 12:11 PM

I have 3 dealers within 40 miles of me and prices vary from item to item and place to place. I definitely like the service of the closest dealer better so I will stick with them. The only down side is there is a toll bridge between me and that dealer...