Need Case 195 Parts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mike25 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 491
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 18, 2010 - 02:17 PM

I am a new member to this forum and have been all over the net trying to find an axle for a case 195 garden tractor with no luck. I was wondering if anyone here has one for sale or knows of a place to get one. Thanks for any help given.

#2 hydriv OFFLINE  

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted May 18, 2010 - 02:48 PM

Google "Joe's Outdoor Power". He's in Michigan and parts out all brands of tractors including Case. If you have no luck there, then call Steve Guider in Ohio. (937) 363-3523 Steve has an extensive collection of Case and Colt tractors. He buys and sells tractors, parts and even has reproduction items available.

I too, am a collector and I have been an active post'er on several other forums. When someone asks whether they should buy one of the early 100 series Case tractors, I tell them not to do so if they intend to work the tractor. If they want a restoration project so they can take the tractor to shows or put it in parades, then by all means, buy it. Parts availability for the pre-69 Case and Colt tractors is drying up. These are now "collector models" only, in my opinion, not just because of parts availability but also for attachment/implement availability. So, once you get your 195 back together, I suggest that you think very hard about this before you put it back to work. All of the 100's are famous for twisting off axle shafts. It's just a matter of time before you snap another one.

#3 Rick OFFLINE  

• Member No: 344
  • 15 Thanks
  • 168 posts

Posted May 18, 2010 - 06:18 PM

I just saw an axle for a 195 on ebay just a few minutes ago.

#4 mike25 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 491
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 19, 2010 - 01:11 PM

I have already tried those two with no luck. We got the tractor because the price was right and the rest of it is in almost excellent original condition. The other axle has already been replaced along with all of the hoses. The engine pops right of and runs like a top. Once we fix the axle the only work it would do is till the garden and maybe mow the lawn if we find a deck for it. but doubt that being we have a large yard and it's hard on a 50" deck. We also got a plow with it put doubt that it will ever get used to do any work, we have an International 656 for that. So basically it's a nice machine that we got to restore and show off.