Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Great Wives who love garden tractors for their husbands.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 02:22 PM

This picture shows me on my Economy Tractor I bought at 22 years old. I spotted this cool tractor, mower and front blade for sale for $750.00 . I got it for $600.00
It was so COOL !! But what was even more cool was my wife always smiled and was happy when I bought a tractor . We got to give a big thumbs up to all the wonderful wives who have our backs and are happy to see us happy no matter what kind of junk we drag home, ha,ha. My wife said this week i could go spend $3,000.00 on 8 tires and rims for a 4x4 articulating garden tractor project. She is so good about those kinds of things. In fact she talked me into spending more money to get a nice factory cab on my 5400 . So we need to say thanks to all the great wives out there.

Attached Thumbnails

• 256925828_cb264cfe17[1].jpg

#2 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 02:34 PM

nice

lets see some pictures of those models

#3 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 02:46 PM

This is a great idea for a thread! I too owe my wife a debt of gratitude for putting up with the "addiction"! She's always been gracious about whatever I drag home and has even gone on a couple of expeditions to get some of them! So I'd like to say a huge thanks to all the wonderful women out there who love us tractor nuts in spite of ourselves!

#4 jms180 ONLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 912 Thanks
  • 1,204 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 03:03 PM

I agree with you caseguy it takes a special woman not to complain when we bring home rusty GTs

#5 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 03:18 PM

Shortly after Teresa & I married over 18yrs ago, she paid for a Wheel Horse GT14 for me! Ever since, she always smiles when I mention a tractor I'd like to have. That's like a green light at the intersection for me, and she knows it! She's always supportive of my hobby!

#6 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 03:22 PM

Well my wife is disabled and in a wheelchair, so I have to spend a good amount of my time caring for her, and with her medical problems, I have to limit my spending. But she doesn't really mind what I do as long as we enough money to last the month.
  • mikebramel said thank you

#7 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 03:31 PM

I get support as long as what I want to do is within our means and I always discuss major purchases with her first. She enjoys using the GT's as well and realizes the value of the hobby to me.

#8 dave8338 OFFLINE  

dave8338

• Member No: 6698
  • 196 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 05:19 PM

Have to tip the cap to my wife as well. Never has said no and alsways says; "if you think it is a good..."

Thanks, Babe !

#9 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 05:25 PM

I get support and Kathy loves to mow, even snow plowed the drive once years ago when she came home early!! Shes fine with what I want to do as long as its within reason $wise. I think most of our wives look at our tractor addiction as a safer and healthier hobby than some of the other things we could be spending our time and money on:thumbs:

#10 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 05:26 PM

I told my wife I either buy a few tractors or I go get a girlfriend. She told me go get the tractors. LOL

#11 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 05:51 PM

When ever we pass a fellow on his garden tractor grading his driveway or pushing snow I always say to my wife ( Men and their Tractors ) and she always thinks that is funny. Once in a while she sees a strange looking tractor and busts out laughing very hard. Those tractors at the steam engine shows with two seats I tell her I am going to build one of them and she tells me not to plan on her EVER riding on that second crazy seat , ha,ha. She is my best friend and 40 years with her has been great !! Glad to hear your wives are so understanding too.

#12 AcreFarm OFFLINE  

AcreFarm

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 54
  • 109 Thanks
  • 359 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 05:57 PM

Julie is fantastic when it comes to old junk. Not only is she supportive of my habit, she has contributed to it by giving old tractors as gifts to me!

#13 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1369
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 06:37 PM

Mine is great too.
She has almost as much fun as I do but I think she would start digging my hole if I told her I was going to spend three grand on tires and wheels.

2.jpg :love:

#14 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,316 Thanks
  • 2,412 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 07:07 PM

well, Mary doesn't have quite the same passion for toys with motors that I do, but thankfully she puts up with it. mostly.

#15 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,467 Thanks
  • 5,004 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 07:21 PM

My wife has been very supportive. And like caseguy will go along on buying trips as long as I will stop at interesting rummage sales for her. Just don't let the stuff pile up in the front yard she has no qualms. Converting a bedroom into a sewing room for her didn't hurt anything either :smile1:. She grew up on a farm and her dad had tractors and liked working on riding mowers so the die was cast even before I came along. Thanks Dear!