#1 Tmo OFFLINE  

Tmo

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2023
  • 356 Thanks
  • 486 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 07:37 AM

Let's face it, 3 point hitches for our little garden tractors are very nice additions, but pricey and are getting harder to find used. Even used ones bring like new prices. I thought maybe I'll place some places to find hitches (most of these are for the 318, 322, 332, 420, 430 tractors, or the 4x5 series or X-series.

First is your dealer. Ask if they have any laying around. Or if it's a 4X5 or X-series, you can still order one - be prepared for sticker shock - one for a 4X5 is over $600.

Next, scrap yards, especially lawn mower scrap yards, and also don't forget to check your local lawn mower repair shops - they get a variety of stuff in on a weekly basis.

Next, is to build your own. Do a research - you're find plans out there from sites like wfm, this site, and others.

And there are some manufacturers who make them. I listed three here:

Ruegg Manufacturing: Ruegg MFG LLC or Hitch Kits

Redlandhill: JOHN DEERE 3 POINT HITCH KIT 318,322,330,332,420,430

Ezsmart: Farm and Ranch Attachments

I'm sure there are others.
  • ducky, MH81, JDBrian and 1 other said thanks

#2 Tmo OFFLINE  

Tmo

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2023
  • 356 Thanks
  • 486 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 09:38 AM

I just email Ruegg to asked about pricing and shipping to my zip code. William Ruegg quoted me $375 for a complete kit for my 316 Onan and will shipped it to my zip code for $24. That's a good price.

On the eezs.com, if you register you can receive discounts by email, I just received one for 5% off total order.