Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else have to put up with an obnoxious co worker ?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Orangeman05 OFFLINE  

Orangeman05

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 917
  • 16 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 07:36 PM

My dad preached that line over and over to me as a kid, it's a shame he's not around to tell him how wise and right he was. Nice to see others were taught the same ethic!

#17 Gary400 OFFLINE  

Gary400

JD,junkie

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2316
  • 225 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 08:12 PM

im a union pipefitter and im telling you we have some worthless do nothing all day guys also . im sure you will have them in any profession union or non . this coming Mon. i have to work with a guy that i despise and only doing it because my foreman ask if i would . i try to get along with every one and my foreman know this but this guy will test me for sure . ill just keep pushing him and he will quit thats what he does . he told me one time that he hates being rushed, i told him its hard to rush nothing .

skyryder , hang in there this guy will get every thing thats coming to him .

#18 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,656 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 08:15 PM

Hearing all these stories helps me deal with the stress of dairy farming. I may be tied down a lot, but there's a LOT that I don't have to deal with too!

#19 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 08:21 PM

When I saw that Olcowhand had replied, I wondered who he was gonna say it was... :bigrofl:

We have one guy at work who's wife is on SSI on a mental instability claim. She's no more nuts than my wife.
Every time they get the check in the mail, he's "sick" for a week. Really sets us all on edge when he pulls that crap.

Thanksgiving week he was off Sat, Sun, called off M, T, W, off Thursday but was back for Friday so he'd get his Holiday Pay and the Direct Deposit wouldnt skip a week. Grrrrr.

#20 Gary400 OFFLINE  

Gary400

JD,junkie

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2316
  • 225 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 08:23 PM

Hearing all these stories helps me deal with the stress of dairy farming. I may be tied down a lot, but there's a LOT that I don't have to deal with too!

ya lookin to hire someone i can weld stainless very good and i do know how to drive a boss to the edge . lol you want to see some pics of my process pipping welds from food plants . ill use that for my resume LOL

Edited by Gary400, December 16, 2011 - 08:29 PM.

#21 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 08:37 PM

if you can look yourself in mirror and know you put in a honest days work, that's what truly matters.

Well said :thumbs:
  • Orangeman05 said thank you

#22 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 08:40 PM

I had a worthless S.O.B. for a supervisor or something like that 10 years ago and thought he would be cute about the lies he made up to the boss . Lucky for me I caught on real soon , the other guys had a real hard time . His sorry rear end was canned in due time and after 37 yrs at same place wonder if it was worth it all -- it is to me . Sort of explains the quirks in my humor for those who detect it. Merry Christmas to all if subject doesn't come up again soon . Edit: This *** did try my soul and I must have passed the test.

Edited by Sparky, December 16, 2011 - 11:16 PM.
Tis the season......

#23 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 11:59 PM

During the 38 years I was a union sheet metal worker I was a foreman for 11 years and a superintendent for 21 years. I never had a problem getting rid of people like that. It doesn't matter if you're union or open shop, people like that will kill production and pull everyone down with them. A good foreman should pick up on that and solve the problem. Just my .02

#24 kb0nly OFFLINE  

kb0nly

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7469
  • 18 Thanks
  • 63 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 02:22 AM

Well said :thumbs:

very well said I will add... sounds like what I heard growing up also. your the judge if you don't hold yourself to your standards who will? problem is some people can look in the mirror and not see a problem despite it. for those that cant live with it congratulate your parents for raising you right.

#25 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 06:43 AM

Thanks guys, and I am one that CAN look in the mirror and feel very good. There is not a single other machinist or any tradesman for that matter , there that can do what I can. So as far as doing the job, its easy peasy, its the other knuckle head that makes everyone feel bad, . Missery loves company , I wish the others could see this too, then he might just shut up and do what little he can do.
Well it will all come out in the end, as he hates change, and I know for a fact , that we are in for some HUGE CHANGES and I love it, hheck I'm one of the key players . Keep it on the "full" side :thumbs: thanks guys

#26 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted December 19, 2011 - 06:03 AM

Just an update; funny how things work, the zero shows up this am crying about his weekend , how it cost thousands of dollars, seems his sewer backed up and he got Roto-Rooted lol literally , and to add more, the rooter guy called the gas company and they turned off his gas because they found leaks,(this probably saved his families lives but he doesn't think that way) so not only did he get roto-rooted , he has to get a licenced plumber to fix his gas leaks.
At least he has something to whine about... And his job title is maintance machinist, LOL, he can barely change a lightbulb , and has gotten away with this for 21 years.... Thanks union.... No wonder America is in the shape its in........