• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• Member No: 1100
  • 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 08:44 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else like the seats on the 102? I've got 1 sittin around and I was lookin at and thought about boltin it on my 104. I know its the wrong seat and the tool tray or whatever you wanna call it will be gone but I've always liked the looks of pan seats. the rubber is in good shape just dirty. the bottom is kinda rusty , but nothing i cant clean up and put paint on. After I took it apart it acually has a a decent lookin pan under the rubber. I put it on just to get an idea of what it would look like and it dooks pretty good. " i think anyways" I do have a seat cover for 1 of my other cubs thats not gonna be used for a while. I gues I gotta get some pics to show you guys what I'm talking about. Its kinda weird just by swappin a seat out can give your tractor a totally different feel when sittin on it. let me get a few pics

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 10:02 PM

Sal,

I put a newer style mid-back Craftsman seat on the Caterpillar (Craftsman GT18) and that seat is way comfier than the worn out 23 year old original low-back seat. But additionally it made the tractor appear bigger, which was a surprise to me. Definitely made it feel more like a Caterpillar and less like a Craftsman. I do not hide the real identity of the Caterpillar. There are only 3 Caterpillar decals, all on the hood (sides and top). Then the steering wheel cap, seat, and engine tins all say Craftsman LOL.

#3 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 10:02 PM

cc 100 pic 011.jpg

Maybe that gives you a better idea to what I was tryin to explain. the middle pic shows the pan with the cover on it, the pictures didnt turn out that great but gives you an idea. the only problem if I used
the pan in the last pic I would have to trim the middle peice out and if i do that I wontbe able to put the rubber back on so I think I'm goonna cross that idea out. I think I'm gonna go ahead and clean the pan & rubber up and put it back together how its suppose to be. It looks l ike it wouldntbe very comfortable but actually it is. I've got a peice of foam that goes under the seat cover and its not bad at all. This is def. gottabe sandblasted,theres no other way around this one.

Attached Thumbnails

• cc 100 pic 007.jpg
  • cc 100 pic 010.jpg
  • cc 100 pic 008.jpg
  • cc 100 pic 009.jpg

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 10:04 PM

Very nice Sal, but why didn't you post in the original thread? lol
Ah well, the mods will be around later and we all know that they need something to do. lol

#5 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 10:25 PM

you know I took the pictures after I posted that, couldnt figure out how to get pics added on 4 some reason. lol I forgot to mention I finally got around to putin the ags on. I've only had them for 3 or 4 months now. lol I got a good deal onthem ,but they were on 4 bolt rims instead of 5. i had a xtra set of 5's with bad tires on them. I've had good and bad luck switchin tires like that in the past and didnt wanna chance messin one up. All the tire shops wants 15-20 a tire to change and any mower shops wants 15.00 tire to change them. .It would have costed twice as much as I gave for the tires. LOL . I'll pay $20.00 all day long for a set of ags .

#6 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 10:30 PM

That's a great deal Sal, I have brand new couple hundred dollar ag tires (paid full price) and they have been on the shelf any where from 8 months to 2-1/2 years!!

#7 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 10:49 PM

I like the free ones.
Kidding aside. I like the pan seat for the classic look, too. Though I'm not spending hours and hours on end in it, so that's just fine.

#8 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 11:04 PM

I moved them over to the original thread.
  • Salatino and wvbuzzmaster have said thanks

#9 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 11:09 PM

Steve, thanks for combining the threads, even though I did get confused a second ago LOL.

#10 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 05:27 AM

Good looking seat,Sal.

#11 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 02:11 PM

you know I've wanted as for it for a long time now, i couldnt see spending almost$200 on new ones and its eems like all the good used ones were sold when I called about them ,got outbid on them,or they were in real bad shape and they wanted top dollar for them.

#12 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,301 Thanks
  • 2,335 posts

Posted December 19, 2011 - 05:45 PM

I Love those Rubbermaid seats off of the 102s.
They're surprisingly comfortable and you never have to worry about getting a wet butt because of a cracked seat cover.I'm going to put one on my 127 when the seat on it decides to crack.

They are also the most durable seat that I have ever come across other than the plain old metal pan seats.

#13 plowboy OFFLINE  

plowboy

TRACTOROLOGIST

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7340
  • 133 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted December 19, 2011 - 06:06 PM

deff a fan of pan seats. i like the older more vintage look. i think cushion seats appear toooo modern..lol.