Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 06:26 AM

It would nice if you we could figure out the problem with you down loading the borchures because there's one for the 1968 Economy's , it has both the PK and Jim Dandys in it , I just down loaded it here at work and it came out fine , Al

#32 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 07:46 AM

I downloaded a bunch of them when I started posting, worked for me, did it say why it failed for you?

#33 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7817
  • 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 09:43 AM

Here's that video. I thought it might have been you because the uploader said he was 15, but that was two years ago. Still a neat video.

1968 Economy Powerking - YouTube

BTW, orschleins is a farm supply chain, i guess just for the midwest. We don't have northern tool here.

thanks! i dont have any videos of my tractors on youtube, i suppose somebody could have secretly took a video of me and posted it without my knowing... haha i doubt that, could you post a link to the video of the one you thought were of mine?

#34 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 09:44 AM

Success. Files are downloading fine now. I'm certain it was something on my end. Thanks.

#35 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 11:49 AM

Glad you are able to get the files to download!! Hope you get to look at the tractor on Sat. Problem areas on them can be steering boxes, front spindles/bearings especially on the 24" rear wheel tractors and the return/centering spring on the hydraulic actuator lever. All are fixable, just gives you things to check for and look at. Also check the welds on, and operation of the 3 point lift as it will have been added at some point in the tractors history and it could have been done well or..... If you like it and choose to bring it home I think you will be happy with it, they are true work horses and very capable machines. Keep us posted.

#36 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 12:11 PM

I'll do that. What kind of play should the steering have?

Glad you are able to get the files to download!! Hope you get to look at the tractor on Sat. Problem areas on them can be steering boxes, front spindles/bearings especially on the 24" rear wheel tractors and the return/centering spring on the hydraulic actuator lever. All are fixable, just gives you things to check for and look at. Also check the welds on, and operation of the 3 point lift as it will have been added at some point in the tractors history and it could have been done well or..... If you like it and choose to bring it home I think you will be happy with it, they are true work horses and very capable machines. Keep us posted.

#37 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 01:58 PM

NONE! Normaly the steering whele can turn some before moving the wheels and sometimes you can move the coloumn around. The wheel is a popular place to grab and haul yourself up and that's what couses these problems. If you get it I strongly suggest making a support.

#38 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 03:11 PM

Here's that video. I thought it might have been you because the uploader said he was 15, but that was two years ago. Still a neat video.

1968 Economy Powerking - YouTube

BTW, orschleins is a farm supply chain, i guess just for the midwest. We don't have northern tool here.

nope, thats not me. i have a 71 and a 75 both 1614s. northern tool is not a store i dont think but a book, yes a book, every month i get one and its a few hundred pages hard cover. you can look online to see what they have too.

#39 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 03:45 PM

All right. I'll give it a look see. Will it be a big problem if the steering's loose, $$$?

nope, thats not me. i have a 71 and a 75 both 1614s. northern tool is not a store i dont think but a book, yes a book, every month i get one and its a few hundred pages hard cover. you can look online to see what they have too.

#40 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 03:48 PM

All right. I'll give it a look see. Will it be a big problem if the steering's loose, $$$?

well if the steering box s broken yes, if not you should be able to make a bracket to strengthen it up.

here are some that i have saved as i have seen them.
IMG_0360.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• img1964fx.jpg
  • DSCN5535.jpg
  • img1963v.jpg

• fort apache said thank you

#41 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 04:17 PM

Cool. I got that on my check list. I'm excited for tomorrow. I've been reading about these things for days. I'm starting to get addicted. Even if this one turns out to be a dud, I'm looking for another. Have you ever heard of someone repowering a pk with a deisel? I was blousing around and found these little 6hp and 1o hp air cooled diesels. Wouldn't it be neat to drop one of these in a pk like that 2412? Or is that something a purist would shriek at?

well if the steering box s broken yes, if not you should be able to make a bracket to strengthen it up.

here are some that i have saved as i have seen them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26575[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26576[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26577[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26578[/ATTACH]

#42 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 04:30 PM

well, some might. i think it would be pretty cool, everything is deisel now. i saw one (not in person) that somebody put a 3 cylender into, its a lot of work to do something like that, the hardest part would be getting the shaft to line up.

100_0447.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0450.jpg

#43 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 04:36 PM

10HP_DIES_KAPUR_003.jpg I imagine this would be easier to install. Its a pull start/electric start 10 hp.

[FONT="]SHAFT LENGTH[/FONT]

[FONT="]SHAFT DIAMET.[/FONT]

[FONT="]KEYWAY[/FONT]

[FONT="]1 “ DIAMETER[/FONT]

[FONT="]2 3/4 INCH LENGTH[/FONT]

[FONT="]1/4 INCH KEYWAY[/FONT]

[FONT="] [/FONT]

[FONT="]DIMENSIONS[/FONT]

[FONT="]417 X 470 X 494mm[/FONT]

[FONT="]16.4 X 18.5 X 19.4 INCHES[/FONT]

#44 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 04:41 PM

Pretty neat little diesel motor. This is $615. diesel 2.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• diesel 3.jpg

#45 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 05:35 PM

The reason you were restricted with downloads at first was because you were a new member with a low number of posts. As your post count rises so will your download count. I'm not sure of the numbers later on, but at first, you are restricted to two a day.
I read about a guy who re-powered a PK with a 2 or 3 cyclinder kubota diesel which takes allot of modification and fabrication. I want diesels in all my tractors but unfortunatly money doesn't grow on trees. Another option is to drop a Crosely engine into it. They bolt right up to the transmission and would require less fabrication. I know a guy who did that. I have a tractor that needs an engine and have been looking at that engine you posted but don't want to spend the money now. I have heard good and bad about those engines and it sounds like you get what you pay for. It is the only one within my wallet though and hopefully someday I can try one. I would put one on my PK but I want to keep it somewhat original, although the engine on it now, isn't original, but is very close.

The steering is a weak point as others have said but I have tightened mine up by replacing the bushings in it. I got it with a huge amount of slop which was a pain on rough ground.

Good luck with the tractor, and I will warn you, they are addicting. :D

Edited by Lovintractorin, December 16, 2011 - 05:42 PM.