74 replies to this topic

#16 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7817
  • 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 08:02 PM

I would if I could. I can't forward this as an email. At least, i can't figure it out. Thanks for the offer though. Did you see my post with the serial number? I think it was just a crappy, out of focus photo. Let me know what you think...

Sounds like a jim dandy if it has 8 inch tires. People try to sell jim dandys as power kings all the time, either they don't know or they want it to sound better and get more $$ for it. If you send the pics to my email I can try to put them up for you. You can send them from your phone to my email like you would anything else. Just put my email into the recipiants box, or what ever its called. Bmxkid313 [at] yahoo.com

Edited by powerking56, December 16, 2011 - 11:58 AM.
disabled direct e-mail link

#17 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 08:09 PM

I can gaurentee if its a 67 and it has 8 inch tires that are origanal its not a power king. I think the X and E mean that its a delux model, body tunnel foot brakes electric start. You might be able to save the pics to your phone then send them to me from your gallery. Did you put my email strait into the send to box? That should be all you have to do. If it doesn't work I can pm you my phone number and send it to me there.

#18 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 08:19 PM

If you don't mind pm your number. I can't get the thing to work.

I can gaurentee if its a 67 and it has 8 inch tires that are origanal its not a power king. I think the X and E mean that its a delux model, body tunnel foot brakes electric start. You might be able to save the pics to your phone then send them to me from your gallery. Did you put my email strait into the send to box? That should be all you have to do. If it doesn't work I can pm you my phone number and send it to me there.

#19 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 08:36 PM

On top of the screan the notifications should be red, I sent you a pm.

#20 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 08:53 PM

First let me say welcome to the forum, The serial # says 1967 but pictures should tell us a whole lot more. If it has a TEC engine it has been repowered, if it has 8" front wheels it is not a Power King, most likely a Jim Dandy. Either tractor is a rugged, useable tractor. They could have had the hydraulic rear lift option for the draw bar in 1967 but it was not a 3 point lift so if it has one now it has been added. If you can get the pics here we should be able to clarify things a bit more for you.

#21 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 09:00 PM

If you can BMX, post that pic i texted you.

#22 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 09:09 PM

it has 12 inch front tires not 8. it is in fact a power king. it does have 24 inch rear tires so it is a larger model than most. the blade on the back is 3pt so whether the 3pt was added later or not it does have one now. the hydraulics, starter and everything else from the photo matches the 67 serial number. the pic is blurry but it does not appear to be im bad condition, there are no decals on the hood and i cant see any fading from decals so i may have been repainted, also i believe the hubs should be orange on the front and back, these are black so it adds to the possibility of it being repainted/restored. from what i can tell from the pic it looks like its a kohler but its VERY hard to tell. if i were you i would go and look at it, drive it, test it, look at the condition of the front bearings, see if its a kohler or not, condition of the tranny, check the hydraulics, look at how good the deck is and most off all take some more pics for us. if everything checks out ok i think that would be fair price FOR MY AREA, i dont know how common they are near you but they could be more expensive or way cheaper. if your interested in it offer him 700 and see what he says, you said he seems eager to sell it so why not!

Posted Image

here is a larger image, its blurry but some things are more visible, i didn't want to post it here as it would be to hard to view properly.
http://farm8.staticf...7d55b49a1_b.jpg

#23 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 09:09 PM

Thank you for the welcome. He says it has hydraulic lift. I think its something I'll have to check out. Road trip saturday.

First let me say welcome to the forum, The serial # says 1967 but pictures should tell us a whole lot more. If it has a TEC engine it has been repowered, if it has 8" front wheels it is not a Power King, most likely a Jim Dandy. Either tractor is a rugged, useable tractor. They could have had the hydraulic rear lift option for the draw bar in 1967 but it was not a 3 point lift so if it has one now it has been added. If you can get the pics here we should be able to clarify things a bit more for you.

#24 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 09:15 PM

Well... looks like I misjudged. That's why I'm glad you guys are here! It looks much better here than on my 2" cell phone screen. I might be able to wiggle him, but he went down over the phone from $1,250, so his pride probably won't allow it.

I know squat about tractors, so forgive my ignorance. Could I go to lowes or orschleins and buy a small plow and disk that will fit this?

it has 12 inch front tires not 8. it is in fact a power king. it does have 24 inch rear tires so it is a larger model than most. the blade on the back is 3pt so whether the 3pt was added later or not it does have one now. the hydraulics, starter and everything else from the photo matches the 67 serial number. the pic is blurry but it does not appear to be im bad condition, there are no decals on the hood and i cant see any fading from decals so i may have been repainted, also the hubs should be orange on the front and back, these are black so it adds to the possibility of it being repainted/restored. from what i can tell from the pic it looks like its a kohler but its VERY hard to tell. if i were you i would go and look at it, drive it, test it, look at the condition of the front bearings, see if its a kohler or not, condition of the tranny, check the hydraulics, look at how good the deck is and most off all take some more pics for us. if everything checks out ok i think that would be fair price FOR MY AREA, i dont know how common they are near you but they could be more expensive or way cheaper. if your interested in it offer him 700 and see what he says, you said he seems eager to sell it so why not!

Posted Image

here is a larger image, its blurry but some things are more visible, i didn't want to post it here as it would be to hard to view properly.
http://farm8.staticf...7d55b49a1_b.jpg

#25 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 09:19 PM

i have never heard of orschleins so i dont know what they have there but lowes wont have one. try northern tool or TSC might have one. you can also just type it in google and go to shopping and see what come up! OR... maybe santa will bring you one!

#26 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 09:28 PM

You serious? Cool! I'll ask him. I've been really nice this year.

i have never heard of orschleins so i dont know what they have there but lowes wont have one. try northern tool or TSC might have one. you can also just type it in google and go to shopping and see what come up! OR... maybe santa will bring you one!

#27 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 09:36 PM

In my opinion it looks worth the price. I got one in much worse condition for only slightly less and I don't regret it one bit.

If it has the three point hitch it would be very handy for you because you could use any category 0 attachments within reason. You may already know this but they do not have a standard PTO so no PTO attachments other than PK branded rototillers, mowers, and so forth, unless you want to do allot of modifications. I am pretty close to positive it doesn't have dual transmissions from looking at the picture. For rototilling it is almost a must to have the dual trannies but that adds quite a bit to the value. You can get away with tilling with a single tranny but I hear it is just a little to fast in first gear to really work up the soil. These tractors are amazingly well built and I doubt you will be disappointed. As everyone else mentioned, if it is a Tecumseh it is a repower and just check out the engine for smoking and knocking unless you want to put another engine on it. And be forewarned that PK clutches have about 1 inch of travel from released to engaged and until you get used to it, it can be pretty rough starting out.

It sounds like these would be the perfect tractors for your operation.

Sorry for my rambling and disjointed post. I communicate better face to face....... (I hope:confuse:)

#28 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 09:46 PM

You've been extremely helpfull. I truly thank you for the time you've given me. I'll let you know what i decide to do. I'm going to look at it sat, if its not sold before then. I'll get some pics at the least. If I buy it, i'll put up a video.

In my opinion it looks worth the price. I got one in much worse condition for only slightly less and I don't regret it one bit.

If it has the three point hitch it would be very handy for you because you could use any category 0 attachments within reason. You may already know this but they do not have a standard PTO so no PTO attachments other than PK branded rototillers, mowers, and so forth, unless you want to do allot of modifications. I am pretty close to positive it doesn't have dual transmissions from looking at the picture. For rototilling it is almost a must to have the dual trannies but that adds quite a bit to the value. You can get away with tilling with a single tranny but I hear it is just a little to fast in first gear to really work up the soil. These tractors are amazingly well built and I doubt you will be disappointed. As everyone else mentioned, if it is a Tecumseh it is a repower and just check out the engine for smoking and knocking unless you want to put another engine on it. And be forewarned that PK clutches have about 1 inch of travel from released to engaged and until you get used to it, it can be pretty rough starting out.

It sounds like these would be the perfect tractors for your operation.

Sorry for my rambling and disjointed post. I communicate better face to face....... (I hope:confuse:)

#29 fort apache OFFLINE  

fort apache

Tractorholic

• 15 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 09:50 PM

Thanks BMX Kid! You're a gentleman for helping me out, posting the pic, and sound advice. Did you post a video of your tractor on youtube? I think I might have watched it.

#30 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 10:00 PM

thanks! i dont have any videos of my tractors on youtube, i suppose somebody could have secretly took a video of me and posted it without my knowing... haha i doubt that, could you post a link to the video of the one you thought were of mine?