• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 03:00 PM

We are going to be changing up the classifieds section here before long and it sounds like here soon will as good a time as any. The classifieds section uses a different software which is a pain in the arse and rather then trying to maintain it when it doesn't even integrate all that well we are going to go back to our original setup we had where the classifieds were in the forums at the bottom of the page. We will have rules and instructions for the classifieds to stay in order along with feedback forums for members to post their experiences with other members.
  • mjodrey, caseguy, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,604 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 03:01 PM

Ok, got the proper instructions as a "sticky" in each section.
  • NUTNDUN, KennyP and Brett have said thanks

#18 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 03:02 PM

To delete an ad, it is under the product options and then click edit. Once on the edit ad page there is a box you can check to delete the ad.
  • KennyP said thank you

#19 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 06:39 PM

I actually have a completely OPPOSITE problem... all my ads expire in any amount of time I give them and the default for the expired ad is "Sold." I have yet to sell a single tractor I put in the classifieds. And for renewing them... forget it, ALL my Classifieds email notifications dump into my spambox... which I check every now and again, never soon enough, but never get responses... I think the biggest problem with the Classifieds section is it is low traffic, and I think part of that has to do with it not dumping into "What's New." In all my experiences I have seen more items bought and sold in threads than in the Classifieds section, no matter how novel it is, it comes down to traffic. If Ryan hadn't posted the Bush Hog on the forum I never would have known he was selling it because I only think to check the Classifieds a few times a month. I usually supplement the Classifieds with a general "For Sale thread." Why won't my Case 222 and 444 sell...

#20 plowboy OFFLINE  

plowboy

TRACTOROLOGIST

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7340
  • 133 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 12:41 PM

Case- i DID see both ur case's listed as sold. as for "why arent they sellin?", here's a hint...i know my house is valued @ just over $190k....but that dont mean that's what im gonna get for it....no offense..

#21 Brett OFFLINE  

Brett

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7141
  • 78 Thanks
  • 287 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 12:52 PM

I have always been a bit surprised at the lack of activity in the classifieds section, especially with the amount of members here. (compared to WFM's section)

#22 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 01:07 PM

Case- i DID see both ur case's listed as sold. as for "why arent they sellin?", here's a hint...i know my house is valued @ just over $190k....but that dont mean that's what im gonna get for it....no offense..

That's all well and good but I never even got offers... I don't expect to get all my money back out of it, but I can't negotiate without offers... know what I mean...

#23 plowboy OFFLINE  

plowboy

TRACTOROLOGIST

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7340
  • 133 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 01:34 PM

i can understand that. everything else seems 2 sell pretty quick on here. maybe ur right bout the traffic.

#24 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 02:44 PM

i can understand that. everything else seems 2 sell pretty quick on here. maybe ur right bout the traffic.

It has to be the traffic, because I can't think of anything else.

#25 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 03:15 PM

Forums are a very funny thing, as is the difference between one person to the next. A lot of people head straight for the what's new button at the top of the page, view new posts and that is about it. A lot of people don't even know we have a home page, or the different sections on the home page. We do get a lot of traffic but for some reason the classifieds get overlooked, almost the same as the gallery. Which is why I think having the classifieds back in the forums section will help out a bit and it will also show in the what's new feed.
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#26 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 10:52 PM

Having the Classifieds as a forum is a huge benefit just because not only is it going to show in "What's New" but members will ask questions about the item and even assist in good referrals. Also, we have a homepage? LOL