• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 crazycamaro1980 OFFLINE  

crazycamaro1980

• Member No: 7689
  • 2 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 05:40 PM

Awesome half track, looks like it works really well. Do you still have it?

No I sold it quite a while ago. kinda wish i still had it thought, but i could say that about many things.
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#17 crazycamaro1980 OFFLINE  

crazycamaro1980

• Member No: 7689
  • 2 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 05:54 PM

thats pretty cool, looks like they are snowmobile tracks? how did you get them to stay on?

They are tracks off john deere snowmobiles. Basicly trial and error keapt the tracks on. I had the idea and lost many nights of sleep figuring it out in my head then one weekend i created it it the garage. I had an rear axel from another gt, some john deere snowmobile chassis with boggie wheels, and some random steel. I let most of the air out of the tires as this was going to be how i tightened th track. Then put the tracks around the rear tires of gt and slid other rear in behind. i then put two bottle jacks between the two axles and put some pressure on the tracks did some measuring and the build the frame. From there i added some air to tires and gave it a try. well the tracks fell off in less then two feet of forward movement. Thats when the boggie wheels and the square tubing gott added around both tracks about in the middle kinda as a guide and also a place to mount boggie wheels. Solved problem.
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#18 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 08:01 PM

Thanks for giving us the info needed to duplicate the results on virtually any other GT.

#19 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 09:11 PM

That is a fantastically creative and cool machine! Excellent problem solving display too! Thanks for sharing the pics!