#16 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted May 25, 2010 - 01:03 PM

You need some self-encouragement so take on the old L first since it has the least amount of sheet metal, only two wheels and very little of everything else. It should be an easy restore. Once you get it looking like brand new, then maybe you'll have the motivation to tackle that round-fendered Bolens with the steel seat. That one needs some serious TLC but it certainly looks like it will be a winner once you do it up. That way, you get rid of the major rust piles in your collection and prove to the skeptics that collecting old GT's brings its own rewards.

#17 chopperfreak2k1 OFFLINE  

chopperfreak2k1

Tractorholic

• Member No: 300
  • 17 Thanks
  • 431 posts

Posted May 25, 2010 - 01:46 PM

very well said Hydriv

#18 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 25, 2010 - 01:50 PM

You need some self-encouragement so take on the old L first since it has the least amount of sheet metal, only two wheels and very little of everything else. It should be an easy restore. Once you get it looking like brand new, then maybe you'll have the motivation to tackle that round-fendered Bolens with the steel seat. That one needs some serious TLC but it certainly looks like it will be a winner once you do it up. That way, you get rid of the major rust piles in your collection and prove to the skeptics that collecting old GT's brings its own rewards.

Yes, I agree,very well said. It's not so much that I can't get motivated,as it is not a lot of time.And of coarse not really an excuse,but I work on everybody else's stuff ( welding/fabrication/body shop ) all day and just don't feel like working on my own stuff.But don't worry,I will though,and I sort of thought about the Bolens 800 too.