• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MarkM OFFLINE  

MarkM

• Member No: 7804
  • 2 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted December 14, 2011 - 09:30 AM

I am looking for several parts for my newly aquired LGT14D I love this little tractor and want to get it up and going but parts seem hard to find. I need a the PTO shaft from the rear of the engine to the deck, the foot rest tin, the glow plug lamp, and an ignition switch. If anyone knows where I can get some good used parts please let me know. Thanks
  • AREA8161 said thank you

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 14, 2011 - 10:18 AM

Hi Mark,
Welcome to GTtalk. There are a couple of places to look for the parts you need. You can try one of the site sponsors like Bob's Garden Tractors and Patton Acres. I don't know if you have tried ebay either.
  • MarkM said thank you

#3 MarkM OFFLINE  

MarkM

• Member No: 7804
  • 2 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 08:33 AM

I have now added myself to the registry and the member map. I did not see the correct model for my tractor, there was a LGT 14 but not a LGT 14 D. I am starting to loose all hope for finding used parts and I cannot afford new right now. I will work slow on the paint and cleanup and maybe something will pop up. Thanks guys
  • AREA8161 said thank you

#4 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,445 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 08:41 AM

Welcome to GTtalk MarkM , gald to have you . I can't help you with your parts but good luck anyway , Al

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,372 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 09:41 AM

Welcome, Mark! What is the model #/year of your tractor? That might help figure out some things. LGT's were made from '72 up to early 80's with a design change in '77. I'm thinking the engine may be to main difference from normal LGT's, but I've been wrong before. I am also assuming it's a gear tractor and not hydrostatic. Messick's shows listings starting in '85 for these.

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 10:15 AM

Mark, I added LGT14D to the list. You can do this yourself though if this comes up again by clicking to the right of the "model" slot where it says "Model not listed", then a box opens where you can type in your model. You can do this with all register entries, tractors or attachments.

#7 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 12:01 PM

I have now added myself to the registry and the member map. I did not see the correct model for my tractor, there was a LGT 14 but not a LGT 14 D. I am starting to loose all hope for finding used parts and I cannot afford new right now. I will work slow on the paint and cleanup and maybe something will pop up. Thanks guys

Mark , you have a rare bird, and will need to do some serious looking to find goodies for your rig.
I do believe, that Toro/Wheelhorse also had these same rigs in their line-up during that same time frame. Though the hood sheetmetal would be very different, I think the frame and fenders were the same.
Good luck in your quest for parts, you have a really stought rig there.

#8 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,472 Thanks
  • 5,006 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 01:23 PM

Welcome Mark. There happens to be 2 of those LGT14 diesels on ebay as I type this. One is only $800 and looks very nice.
Good luck with your search.

#9 AREA8161 OFFLINE  

AREA8161
  • Member No: 62290
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted September 24, 2014 - 02:07 AM

You can look at Kubota or Iseki for motor parts. Other Parts by Ford New Holland Germany.
My dealer has parts for this LGT14D everythink I need it comes from him.

#10 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted September 24, 2014 - 10:03 AM

That's a 1987-1991 model when Ford was marketing garden tractors made by Gilson.
The engine is a Japanese Shibaura diesel.
I think the whole tractor may have been made by Shibaura.

Yes parts are very hard to find!

Joe

#11 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 09:07 AM

I haven`t found a way to ID the year yet but the parts book show the white rear fenders 87-sept 89 and blue oct 89-94....Post anything you learn about these models cause info is hard to come by....and boneyard or parts tractors.

#12 Miner OFFLINE  

Miner
  • Member No: 72734
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted July 03, 2015 - 01:13 PM

I have the same tractor 87-89 LGT14D, most/all parts seem to be available from New Holland (Ford).  However as you've mentioned available and affordable are quite different.