• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 plowboy OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7340
  • 133 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted December 14, 2011 - 07:42 AM

i found a 1965 Wheelhorse 1075 w/ automatic trans, 10hp kohler....runs rough but does run & drive. Comes w/ cultivator rake & single bottom plow. Guy bought new Ferris zero turn & jus wants wheelhorse gone. asking $400. my question is this, does this model have a rear PTO? I wd assume so, but i cant tell from the pics he posted & google image didnt help either.....lol

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 14, 2011 - 05:16 PM

I do not believe that they had a rear PTO on them, in fact the hand operated PTO was an option at that time. The rear implements would for the most part be non-powered stuff that was used with the slot hitch. The fact that it comes with some of the implements is a real plus as they're getting harder to find. There was a tiller available for it, but that would require a belt that ran to the rear from the optional hand operated PTO which ran off of the main drive pulley on the engine. There also would have been more accessories required for belt routing to the tiller. Power Take Off for the mower deck would have been a simple spring operated foot pedal that engaged a tensioner pulley. Some picture would help us to see what kind of condition it's in.