#1 Gary400 OFFLINE  

Gary400

JD,junkie

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2316
  • 225 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 06:59 PM

i have a 14 year old daughter thats going to pull in a stock class with a JD 112 . im know i need to get this thing down to just what it need to pull and get rid of the rest but what else do i need to do ? is there high performance belts ?

Edited by Gary400, December 15, 2011 - 04:30 PM.

#2 Rick Brumback OFFLINE  

Rick Brumback

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4355
  • 19 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 11:07 AM

what can you do motor work in that class?Bore 30 over,18 hp cam,hitch,weight bqar front,wheelie bars rear,kill switch,tires,blue thunder racing fuel,check out brian millers tips and tech tricks to really find out what you need to do .This is my 12 hp stock class cub.Maybe it will give you some ideas.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Rick Brumback, December 15, 2011 - 11:16 AM.

#3 hotya100 OFFLINE  

hotya100

• Member No: 1906
  • 8 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 02:10 PM

i have a 14 year old daughter thats going to pull in a stock class with a JD 112 . im know i need to get this thing down to just what it need to pull and get rid of the rest but what else do i need to do ? is the high performance belts ?

Stock class rules vary greatly from club to club. What is ok in one club, may not be in another. Find a club that you want to pull with and go watch, ask for a copy of their rules, ask questions, take pictures. As mentioned before, Brian Miller's site is good for general information. Basic things would be the hitch, wheelie bars, and kill switch. The main things that differ between the clubs are tire size, hitch height, and engine mods. Good luck to you. My daughter was 14 when we started also.

#4 Rick Brumback OFFLINE  

Rick Brumback

Tractorholic

• 19 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 03:19 PM

Our max hitch height is 13 inches,nothing above nothing below.13 inches.

#5 hotya100 OFFLINE  

hotya100

• Member No: 1906
  • 8 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 12:14 AM

Our max hitch height is 13 inches,nothing above nothing below.13 inches.

Our rules state for stock classes:

6. Maximum tire size: 23x10.5x12 bar tires or original size turf tires. Maximum drawbar height is fourteen (14) inches.
  • Rick Brumback said thank you

#6 Rick Brumback OFFLINE  

Rick Brumback

Tractorholic

• 19 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 02:42 PM

Again,tire size,type ect are depending on clubs,and their rules.My tractor couldnt pull your stock class but could pull stock modified or stock altered with your club I think.

#7 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,611 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 02:50 PM

I have no knowledge of the pulling world, but what is amazing to me is what is called "stock". To me "stock" is exactly that....nothing changed from original. You see very very few TRUE stock tractors in pulling from GT's to the big boys.

#8 Gary400 OFFLINE  

Gary400

JD,junkie

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2316
  • 225 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 05:46 PM

I have no knowledge of the pulling world, but what is amazing to me is what is called "stock". To me "stock" is exactly that....nothing changed from original. You see very very few TRUE stock tractors in pulling from GT's to the big boys.

im going to keep this as stock as i can . i hope when we are done it looks like i can put the deck under it and mow . she wants to call it ( MOWLATER )

#9 junkman1946 OFFLINE  

junkman1946

• Member No: 4236
  • 6 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 07:47 PM

In our area,Southern New England, Stock is pretty much stock.23-10.50 12 tires, stock motor, motor has to have been available with tractor when New, no cut tires,3600r.pm. stock wheelbase, mufflers.
We monitor engine modifications by outlawing gear reduction starters , billet flywheels, and use of Chevy points. We find if you modify an engine internally you will raise the compression to a point where the "stock" starter will not turn the motor over.
About the only thing we allow is gear ratio changes.

#10 Rick Brumback OFFLINE  

Rick Brumback

Tractorholic

• 19 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 01:14 PM

you can go to our webiste and see our engine mod rules for all the classes we pull,8 hp up open motorcycle engine tractors.With mine,I have the engine torn down right now,but putting in new rod bearings,carb is ported,just doing some touch up polish work inside now and new rings too.There are some carb tricks I learned on Brian Miller that really work well,we can run cut tires in all our classes from stock to motorcycle. The website is WWW.Commonwealthpullers.org.Plenty of photos if you wanna browse round,for sale stuff too.

#11 nev OFFLINE  

nev

• Member No: 4041
  • 0 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 06:52 PM

It's alot of fun. My son pulls in a 4-H club, he is 15 now. We have changed engines added Tractors, and changed hitch/ wheelie bar setups. Oh, don't let me forget the weight distribution. one tractor is diled in the other is on the 4th go round. about the belt thing any belt from say Tractor supply will do but replace them every year