11 replies to this topic

#1 Wally OFFLINE  

Wally

• Member No: 386
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted May 16, 2010 - 08:46 AM

Has anybody used a MoJack tractor lift?
I ordered one online from Home Depot, got it Thur. Taking it back today!!!!
Used it to lift my JD 212 worked fine raised it 24''.
Yesterday used it to lift my X740D, crank handle was to long to use with the brush guard, so I used the drill motor adaptor to raise it, got 1/2 way up and sounded like something stripped, wouldn't go up or down, coundn't use crank ---handle to long---
So had to use another jack to lift it to release the safty catch, then I eased it diwn with drill motor. MoJack ''no mo'' on its way back? It was the MoJack PRO model.

#2 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 633 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted May 16, 2010 - 10:51 AM

Sounds like something that would be useful....cost would be a major factor for us poor folk......I drive my tractors up on my trailer to work on them, saves bigtime on my old back.

Attached Thumbnails

• Landscape Trailer&.jpg
  • M-F85 026 (Medium)&.jpg

#3 jhn9840 ONLINE  

jhn9840

• Member No: 10
  • 127 Thanks
  • 186 posts

Posted May 29, 2010 - 01:32 AM

Hard to get anything worth while anymore. I just run them up on car ramps.

jhn9840
John

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 29, 2010 - 05:20 AM

If we had a garage big enough I think it would be great to have a powered lift like they do for cars to put the tractors on. That is just daydreaming though LOL

#5 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted July 09, 2010 - 08:52 PM

I dont know George, someone might have one of those already. I am considering a mobile one that you set up a in place use it, and when its empty again, roll it out of the way.

#6 SandburRanch OFFLINE  

SandburRanch

• Member No: 835
  • 0 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted August 09, 2010 - 09:25 AM

Posted Image

I dont know George, someone might have one of those already. I am considering a mobile one that you set up a in place use it, and when its empty again, roll it out of the way.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have one of those.

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted August 09, 2010 - 01:33 PM

I have one of those

:wewantvideo:

#8 SandburRanch OFFLINE  

SandburRanch

• 0 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted September 09, 2010 - 02:32 PM

Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have one of those.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one is out of the way when not being used. Don't know how to do videos.

Posted Image

#9 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted September 09, 2010 - 04:52 PM

My son bought a motorcycle/ATV lift table a month or so ago. If I ever get time, I'd love to build one for my GT work. His is a 1500lb table. I'd build mine heavier to handle any of my GT's...filled tires, loader & all. But that's onjly if I ever get around to it. Right now it's just a good intention. His having his lift gives me good ideas as to how to engineer one. His is similar to this one in attached pic, with detachable extensions, plus a front wheel vise to hold cycle front tire.
mc625r extension.jpg

#10 don wyatt OFFLINE  

don wyatt

• Member No: 580
  • 0 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted September 09, 2010 - 06:22 PM

100_6492.jpg This is what I use. It is a deere after all. Getting out of my wheelchair and getting under those things just ain't as easy as it used to be. I built this so I could do my own work.

#11 SandburRanch OFFLINE  

SandburRanch

• 0 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted September 09, 2010 - 07:35 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5276[/ATTACH]This is what I use. It is a deere after all. Getting out of my wheelchair and getting under those things just ain't as easy as it used to be. I built this so I could do my own work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're to be commended for not totally relying on someone else. It's simply amazing what some seemingly handicapped people can do. Congratulations.

I have a 81 year old brother that can't stand on his legs more than a few seconds so he bought an electric winch to do what you do. But only after the rope broke in his old pulley block and tackle our father used.

#12 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 10, 2010 - 07:39 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5276[/ATTACH]This is what I use. It is a deere after all. Getting out of my wheelchair and getting under those things just ain't as easy as it used to be. I built this so I could do my own work.

I love it, deere on the gutting hook. Just be careful since it doesn't seem like it would be easy to have a secondary catch in case something lets go.