• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wolfen1176 OFFLINE  

wolfen1176

• Member No: 7277
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 01:16 PM

Got the engine rebuilt and everything put back together, wouldn't start. Found the float collapsed so I bought a kit and new float. When I go to put everything back together I find out that the threads that screw the power needle into the carb body are stripped. I guess that explains why some DPO had rtv as the bowl gasket. So now I'm looking for a different carb. It's a walbro LME 34. Anyone got one laying around or have an idea on how to fix the threads?

#2 mark843 OFFLINE  

mark843

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2905
  • 15 Thanks
  • 199 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 02:59 PM

What engines where they found on?

#3 wolfen1176 OFFLINE  

wolfen1176

• Member No: 7277
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 03:32 PM

Tecumseh HH120 engines. As far as I can tell they were used on Bolens, MF, Craftsman, and possibly JD.

#4 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted December 18, 2011 - 12:57 PM

Got the engine rebuilt and everything put back together, wouldn't start. Found the float collapsed so I bought a kit and new float. When I go to put everything back together I find out that the threads that screw the power needle into the carb body are stripped. I guess that explains why some DPO had rtv as the bowl gasket. So now I'm looking for a different carb. It's a walbro LME 34. Anyone got one laying around or have an idea on how to fix the threads?

If you are still looking, I got a Techumseh carb. It is a Walbro LME 42. It looks the same as the 34 but I don't know if its a little different. Let me know if you're interested.