8 replies to this topic

#1 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 10:09 AM

I've about struck out on my search for a second set of panzer wheels. Was looking to have 2 sets - one with turf and one for ag's in the 6-12 tires. Don't want to go wider as then they don't fit under the skinny fender. Dandy Sales has a used set shipped for $70. Striking out locally, so that may be the only choice - though not too keen on parting with $70 for a set of tractor wheels. Anyone local to Pittsburgh got any better ideas?

#2 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 07:33 PM

so to lubutas farm equiptment repair in hermany and see what they have, They have a tractor junk yard so ur bound to find something. Idk of cub cadet wheels will work. if they have the same bolt patern then lubutas will have them
  • cookiemonster said thank you

#3 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 09:46 PM

so to lubutas farm equiptment repair in hermany and see what they have, They have a tractor junk yard so ur bound to find something. Idk of cub cadet wheels will work. if they have the same bolt patern then lubutas will have them

Geez I grew up about 3 mi from Labudas and I bought a zero turn from there back when I had 4 acres to mow. I always thought they had a bunch of newer tractors there but none of the old stuff. I could be wrong. Thanks for the tip. I struck out at Kubricks out this way. I knew he had panzers but he wasn't selling any parts off them.

#4 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 08:30 AM

yea labudas has a ton of old stuff. they got couple areas with broken old stuff in it

#5 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,333 Thanks
  • 1,320 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 04:46 PM

I have an extra set but I'm in Massachusetts,,,,

#6 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 05:30 PM

I don't know if this will help or not but..

My T102 uses the 5 on 4 1/2" bolt pattern but uses a 9/16" bolt. Rims off a Ford Ranger (at least the older ones) and several other vehicles will bolt on but the holes need to be drilled out from 1/2" to 9/16"

Bill.

#7 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 10:45 PM

Thanks guys. I was about to send out a check to Massachusetts for $70 for a set of used wheels shipped. Dandy's actually - sight unseen. So L miller if you got something and can deal... quick I may want to have a look . But am going to do the deal tomorrow. Iwant to get in the wheels because I'm going to be painting white, black and teal parts of the tractor over the holidays and need to get them in to not slow down the fun.

#8 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,333 Thanks
  • 1,320 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 11:20 AM

Dean, i just checked those wheels, I didn't know but my Dad has plans for them already

#9 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 03:17 PM

Dean, i just checked those wheels, I didn't know but my Dad has plans for them already

Gotcha.
Plus I just struck out at Labuda's so I'm going to get the set from Dandy. Sigh. Probably would find them for a lot less if I wanted to wait.
BTW, Labuda's didn't have really anything back past the 80's let alone the 60's. Though looking through all that stuff I think about how ironic it is that the stuff a lot of us are collecting is from that period of time. Back then, these things sat outside or in damp barns or basement garages. They never wore out but fell victim to rust and rot. Then came along the mowers made out of pressed sheet metal and plastic. They rusted or rotted very little but the parts wore out by design and weren't really worth fixing.
The people who had the old panzers and cubs and wheel horses, etc probably thought that tractors would be a lot better as time passed and had no idea what they had then...

Edited by cookiemonster, December 16, 2011 - 03:19 PM.
typos