• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yardiron OFFLINE  

yardiron

• Member No: 2796
  • 23 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 01:29 AM

I basically trash picked a 3012 today, its missing the BGB and motor, but the rest is all there although rough. The hood is smashed, the frame is rusted out, and the steering shaft is torched off. Basically just a pile of parts.
My question is, does any thing on this fit a 3410? I see what looks like a basic 3 speed gear box but with a variable drive, which is missing most of it's parts, the wheels will fit, already tried that, but how about the rest? I plan to scavenge what I can and scrap the rest of the thing or maybe just line it up out back with the other parts machines.
The frame is all but rusted through below the dash, far too much missing to repair. The hood looks like it got run over, but the grille, rear frame, and linkage is fine. I have no clue as to why they torched off the steering wheel and upper shaft.
I suppose the forward drive pulley went with the BGB which appears to be the main part thats missing. I grabbed it for the four new tires on it. If the trans will fit a newer model, (I have several 3400 series machines), I'll hang on to it for a spare.

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 04:59 AM

Sounds like a good save,sorry I can't help you with your question.

#3 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted January 03, 2012 - 01:02 AM

Sorry, sounds like most of the usable interchangeable parts have already been removed. The transmission is usable without the variable if you want to use on the 3400 series. Most of the rest can be used with modifications but the 3000 series is a FDT and the 3400 a RBT having very different frames, steering gear, PTOs, fuel tanks, and sheet metal. Other than that you are good to go.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by skunkhome, January 03, 2012 - 11:15 AM.
Correct typos

#4 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted January 03, 2012 - 01:11 AM

Oops! I thought I had lost my post in Ethernet but discovered it was only awaiting approval. Double posted before I realized what was happening. Sorry!

Edited by skunkhome, January 03, 2012 - 11:11 AM.
Remove duplication