• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,254 Thanks
  • 29,702 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 06:38 PM

Well i have to wear this cast until the 19th and take it easy. Dr was concerned about the one inch laceration so i have to take some antibiotics and see him again monday hopfully it dont get infected. Because then i will need surgery.

Sorry it was such a nasty injury.

#17 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 06:45 PM

Daniel (the injured one), sorry to hear it was as bad as it turned out, it will be rather inconvenient for a while.

Edited by JDBrian, December 12, 2011 - 06:55 PM.

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 07:19 PM

Well i have to wear this cast until the 19th and take it easy. Dr was concerned about the one inch laceration so i have to take some antibiotics and see him again monday hopfully it dont get infected. Because then i will need surgery.

Well, look on the bright side. Your thumb won't get tired if you decide to try hitchhiking :D

#19 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1546
  • 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 07:30 PM

yea it kinda worked in my favor on the innerstate when i would flip people the bird i guess they thought it was the cast lol Its good now i can catch up on reading my tractor books

#20 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,342 Thanks
  • 1,456 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 10:33 PM

Sorry to hear about your accident. I squished two fingers on my right hand about 6 years ago at work. Had a load of sheetrock on the forklift and I got off the lift and caught the control while trying to put a stick under the sheetrock I was setting down. Fork and load landed on my fingers breaking the bone on the tip of one finger and splitting my middle finger open from the pressure. This time of year sucks now cause there is nerve damage in both fingers and the pain from the cold can be unbearable at times. We have a steam boiler at work and when its real cold and my fingers bother me I can actually put them right on the steam pipe coming outta the furnace and let them there for 20-30 seconds and not even feel the heat.

#21 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 09:18 AM

A couple of years ago, while on a ladder toe-nailing a stud to the cap stringer, I ran a 3" into the palm-side meat of both my index and second fingers with the point just into the
side of the 3rd. Luckily, I missed every bone.

Climbed down the ladder for plyers to remove it and my helper passed out cold.:bigrofl:

#22 Delmar OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,257 Thanks
  • 2,383 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 11:28 AM

Sorry about your injury!
A few years back I was trying out a new dewalt drill at one of those tool rodeos, in a contest to see how many screws you could put in a piece of wood in 30 seconds or so. i ran screw number 9 or 10 into my hand, but not real deep. the girl running the event said come on, lets get you to the doctor! I told her no thanks, its ok, and backed it back out with the drill. She just about passed out.

#23 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 08:16 PM

You know what they say - better the thumb than the ole joystick.

Well no one says that... Made it up. Kinda comes from the movie Weekend at Bernies, though

#24 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,178 Thanks
  • 2,255 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 01:58 AM

I stitched up my middle finger again the other day.Was taking one of my 5hp briggs engines apart to put rings in it and while scraping the block gasket I slipped and cut the heck out of myself AGAIN on the Razor sharp edge of the oil sump.
I swear I cut myself on every engine I open up.And not a little cut either,usually when I get cut on an oil sump it's down to the bone.Dang they are sharp.
I wrapped toilet paper around it and some duct tape and finished what I was doing.

When it's cold out you can see every scar on my hands as they turn a nice dark purple shade.

#25 ford maverickdude OFFLINE  

ford maverickdude

• Member No: 6883
  • 2 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted December 23, 2011 - 08:58 AM

Can we see picture's of the 70?

#26 plowboy OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7340
  • 133 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted December 23, 2011 - 09:07 AM

lol....sorry 2 hear (bein in same spot), had a safe steel door of an atm slam on me last week. broke the rght side of my hand & fractured my wrist. xrays look pretty wacky but no cast. its my right hand which i am right handed & I carry a sidearm for work.....that means if its casted, im outa work & thats just not an option. i do have it wraped but my gf bein a dr sure isnt helpin the lectures im sufferin thru right now......