Garden Tractor Forums banner

WoW over the top!

1K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  greggn 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Wow that sure went for a lot. Sure would be nice to have though. Must be what the winner thought as well.

#6 ·
its amazing what this stuff is bringin..... 5 years ago you could hardly give it away now it gold

#8 ·
Bolens 1000 said:
I hope it went to a good home, and not just someone who is going to take out each page and sell on ebay :wallbanging:
That is exactly what I think was going to happen if the 2ed highest bidder had gotten it.
His feedback is up to 3,634 and that sure seams like someone that was looking to part the manual out to make some fast cash.

You can rest assured that isn't going to happen because I was the high bidder.
If that last guy had not bid, I would have gotten it for $100 less.

My son is into Bolens and he's the one that got me interested in these garden tractor forums.
That manual is his Christmas present this year ( he is not a member here so It's OK to let you guys know this ).

The cover of the manual looks rather ratty on the ebay photo but it cleaned up really nice with a little soap and water.
Considering how old it is, the pages on the inside are in very good condition.
I looked all thru it before we packed it up and I'm really glad we got it.
Along with manuals on several different riding and walk behind units from the 50's and 60's, it has manuals on all sorts of implements.
Some that I never new that Bolens made like a roller, a dump trailer and different types of mower units.
I think my son is going to be very surprised this Christmas.

#9 ·
Congratulations on the win. Glad it went to a good home. Sounds like a great gift for a Bolens guy.

#11 ·
Glad you got it and giving it a good home. I didn't get to see the pics of it but I have a very large Cub Parts manual in a 3 ring binder that is about 2.5" thick. Some day I need to scan it in and upload some things. Once it gets COLD outside.

#12 ·
I'm glad you were the one who got it Ray.
After Christmas why dont you let your son know about this site so we can see what kinds of Bolens/Equipment he has :thumbs:

Do the pages have dividers in them?
The one I have from the 50's-60's has a section for "service bulletins, pricelists, walk behinds, ride-a-matic, tubeframes/attachments, Tillers, snow casters, and push mowers

#13 ·
Bolens 1000 said:
I'm glad you were the one who got it Ray.
After Christmas why dont you let your son know about this site so we can see what kinds of Bolens/Equipment he has :thumbs:

Do the pages have dividers in them?
The one I have from the 50's-60's has a section for "service bulletins, pricelists, walk behinds, ride-a-matic, tubeframes/attachments, Tillers, snow casters, and push mowers
My son is one of the early members on MTF. He is member #7 and that's the only form he is on.
I've told him about this forum but right now he isn't very active on the forum he's on.
He works full time in research and development for a company that makes accessories for ATV's.
He is also starting up a machine shop at home and does a lot of sub-contract work making parts and fixtures for the company he works for and other company's around town.

Right now he's working around 14 hours a day, often 7 days a week so I wouldn't expect to see him join this forum any time soon.

The manual is 4 inch thick and it is separated into sections like yours is.

Reactions: Bolens 1000
#14 ·
After seeing your post Ray I say it was a good price.

#15 ·
wilberj said:
After seeing your post Ray I say it was a good price.
It was a lot more money than I had originally intended to spend on my son for Christmas but once I was able to look thru it, I was glad I went for it.

I almost didn't get it.
As the auction progress and I watched the different guys bid on it, I keep increasing the amount that I figured that I would bid on it.
At the end of the auction I had put my bid at $237, that was roughly $100 more than it was setting at right then.
At about 1 minute before the end of the auction, I upped my bid to $257.
I'm glad I did bacause that last guy bid $139 so my first bid amount would not have gotten it.

I'm sure that last bidder was intending to split it up and re-sell the different sections individually.
After looking thru the manual, I bet he could have gotten $500 or $600 out of it ( possible more ).
The newest thing in it is dated 1967 and ( like I said before ) it has some Bolens items that I've never seen before.

#16 ·
jdcrawler said:
It was a lot more money than I had originally intended to spend on my son for Christmas but once I was able to look thru it, I was glad I went for it.

I almost didn't get it.
As the auction progress and I watched the different guys bid on it, I keep increasing the amount that I figured that I would bid on it.
At the end of the auction I had put my bid at $237, that was roughly $100 more than it was setting at right then.
At about 1 minute before the end of the auction, I upped my bid to $257.
I'm glad I did bacause that last guy bid $139 so my first bid amount would not have gotten it.

I'm sure that last bidder was intending to split it up and re-sell the different sections individually.
After looking thru the manual, I bet he could have gotten $500 or $600 out of it ( possible more ).
The newest thing in it is dated 1967 and ( like I said before ) it has some Bolens items that I've never seen before.
Well I am happy its going to a good home.
After running it up to $100 it was about max for me. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.