• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 crazycamaro1980 OFFLINE  

crazycamaro1980

• Member No: 7689
  • 2 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 09:33 PM

Well i started on the plow for the craftsman today. Thanks to michiganmobileman a.k.a. Dad for the plow pivot mount (c chanel was not used in this project), and the neighbor guy for the plow and a few extra pieces i was able to make a useable plow for when the snow flies. Tommorows project is going to be a weight box on the back. Will also have soe better pics to add tommorow.
1210111234a.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 1210111234.jpg

Edited by MH81, December 13, 2011 - 05:12 PM.

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 09:42 PM

:wave: crazycamaro1980 Welcome to GTTalk! That looks like it will do a fine job of clearing away the white stuff when it starts to fall! Nice job on the build and thanks for signing up!

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 07:03 AM

crazycamaro1980,welcome to the forum.Glad to have you with us.

Nice looking install.:thumbs:

#4 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 07:15 AM

:welcome:Looks good Jeremy! See I knew there was a reason I saved those pieces of "scrap", will get the chains dug out of the bucket today and have them at work for you Monday. Looks like a Simplicity plow from what I can see, it should hold up well for you.

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 07:20 AM

:welcome: Nice job mounting the plow. I have a tractor similar to this, just more silver than gray. Not doing anything with it yet, maybe next year. It's a 6-speed, 44" cut, but no mower deck. Good luck playing in the snow!

#6 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 07:45 AM

Welcome to GTTalk Jeremy. Nice blade setup there. It looks like you are ready to push some snow!

#7 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 04:36 PM

Wow, what a coincidence, but I just got done adapting exactly that plow to my Panzer. The plow came with it, but I knew it wasn't original. Any idea who made the plow itself?
After I mounted that very same plow, I decided that I wanted it to be spring loaded, and that turned out to be a bigger project than putting the plow on to begin with. Now, I'm not so sure it was worth it.

Good job and good luck!

Edited by cookiemonster, December 12, 2011 - 04:37 PM.
typo

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 07:32 PM

I recently saw one of those on CL listed as a Wheel Horse LT snow blade.
Dunno if that's what it really is. :anyone:

#9 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 12:13 PM

Welcome and congrats Jeremy. Nice job. It's nice to see more fathers and children on here. Glad you are here.

#10 Tmo OFFLINE  

Tmo

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2023
  • 356 Thanks
  • 486 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 12:15 PM

I thought this was about a plow....difference in terminology. To most John Deere guys and most farmers, a plow is an implement to turn over dirt, while a blade, snow blade, dozer blade are all used to move dirt, gravel and snow. Every time I see the word "plow" I think of turning over dirt to prepare a garden, etc. Still hard to get used to of calling a blade a plow.

#11 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 12:19 PM

I thought this was about a plow....difference in terminology. To most John Deere guys and most farmers, a plow is an implement to turn over dirt, while a blade, snow blade, dozer blade are all used to move dirt, gravel and snow. Every time I see the word "plow" I think of turning over dirt to prepare a garden, etc. Still hard to get used to of calling a blade a plow.

Good point. In PA, the word depends on how you use it. Everyone around here will talk about the time they couldn't get out of their snowy street "until the plow came through". But understood that it's technically a snow blade or snow plow.

#12 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 04:54 PM

Not trying to be nit picky but left with some free time at work,
Tomatoes\tomatoes, potatoes/potatoes:confuse: It all depends on what we are used to hearing and using. As long as I can remember in these parts we have referred to that curved thing on the front of a truck or tractor as a "plow", mainly referring to as a snow "plow". But according to Websters the definition of a "plow" fits more when applied to a moldboard plow,(...implement drawn behind tractor, used for cutting through and turning soil...) as opposed to a snow"plow". While a blade refers to(...the cutting edge of a knife, sword, razor etc....) and could technically refer to the cutting edge on a moldboard "plow" as well as the cutting edge of a snow"plow". I think in our applications the term is loosely applied to both implements equally, we just need to read through the thread to see which implement is being discussed.
Oh and BTW I still think that looks like the snowblade I have for my Simplicity, still have not been over to see it yet though.

#13 Gary400 OFFLINE  

Gary400

JD,junkie

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2316
  • 225 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 06:52 PM

its ok Tmo i do the same thing . i see plow and think moldboard but when i open the page it a blade . you have to excuse us we're from the show me state .

#14 Tmo OFFLINE  

Tmo

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2023
  • 356 Thanks
  • 486 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 07:24 PM

I grew up using a walk behind plow, so forgive me if my mind immediately thinks a moldboard type implement.

#15 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 08:03 PM

I see plow and think moldboard. You have to excuse us we're from the show me state .

I'm from Kentucky & I'm the same way, but I have stayed overnight many times in Missouri, so maybe it rubbed off! LOL