• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,561 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 10:03 AM

:say_what::say_what: i just couldnt do that, they are both great sites. you should sign up there too, lots of good people. its basically the same as this site it just has more members.

Not the case at all really. Good people there for sure, but I'm only on the roles there because I can't remove myself. I was even a mod there, but for many reasons I chose to devote all my time to GTT. This site is TRULY for the members. Not owned by a "for profit" corporation.

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,561 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 10:11 AM

this forum is starting to grow on me too, i thought that since this site was smaller it wouldn't have that many replies very fast but the power king section is small over there too. also, with that many people on MTF there are some people i dont like, mainly because they underestimate me because im only 15. i hate nothing more than people underestimating me because i haven't come across something that i wasn't able to fix when i put my mind to it, if something doesn't work i can adapt something to make it work. thanks again guys

Age doesn't matter to me at all, but character is important. We've had some young & old members who just won't listen to any advice &/or can't socialize proper, but you seem like a very intelligent person who also knows how to get along with others. We pride ourselves here at GTT for having a peaceful friendly atmosphere & strive to maintain that. No matter how large GTT gets, that theme WILL remain constant! We all look forward to years of communicating with you.

#18 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 10:31 AM

Age doesn't matter to me at all, but character is important. We've had some young & old members who just won't listen to any advice &/or can't socialize proper, but you seem like a very intelligent person who also knows how to get along with others. We pride ourselves here at GTT for having a peaceful friendly atmosphere & strive to maintain that. No matter how large GTT gets, that theme WILL remain constant! We all look forward to years of communicating with you.

thanks, my neigbor is one of the people who wont listen. one day he was complaining about something on his new plastic junk tractor and i looked at it for him, i told him what was wrong after about 2 minutes but he didnt believe me so he went to a small engine shop and had them fix it. it just needed a carb cleaning, before he went to the engine shop i told him to buy a can of brake cleaner and i would fix it in 30 minutes or less but he didn't listen. they charged him for cleaning supplies, time, new fuel line and something else i dont remember. he listens to me know.

#19 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 10:36 AM

Glad your neighbor sees the light. Of course, it's a mixed blessing... Eventually, all your neighbors will bring stuff to you to fix. LOL

#20 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 10:46 AM

the one power king, the 64 that belongs to my neighbor only trusts me to work on it. she gets taken advantage of way too much and shes to nice to do anything about it. 5 years ago when another neighbor moved in he did his brakes on his car after about 2 weeks of living here and he didn't know what he was doing. me and my dad were outside and he came over to ask for help. so my dad told me to go over and give him a hand, which i did. he was skeptical about weather i would know how and i went over there and pointed to one bolt and the caliper came off after he took the bolt out. after we (that means me) put the new pads in i went home and he came with me yelling to my dad "your son just made me look like a damn fool!"

#21 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,443 Thanks
  • 6,609 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 10:50 AM

i thought that since this site was smaller it wouldn't have that many replies very fast

Might not have that many PK owners here but it seems between them and others with plenty of " know how " I've never had any questions or posts go unanswered , really good people here , Al

#22 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 11:00 AM

Lots of folks on here that are willing to help any way they can, so the replies really come in.

#23 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 03:37 PM

yea i can tell, im already starting to favor this site.

#24 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 05:11 PM

I quit one forum because of the attitude of the mods running it. One of their favorite posters was putting out bad info and nobody was going to say anything to him, I have seen him on other forums doing the same and he was corrected by at least two people. He doesn't post there much anymore.

#25 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 06:09 PM

I quit one forum because of the attitude of the mods running it. One of their favorite posters was putting out bad info and nobody was going to say anything to him, I have seen him on other forums doing the same and he was corrected by at least two people. He doesn't post there much anymore.

that's a shame, mods shouldn't play favorites. here it doesn't go to their heads, like they are a normal member... with some power.

#26 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 06:14 PM

Great group of PKs bmxkid, I have always liked the PKs, but I grew up with Farmall Cubs instead, and we all know those tractors are in the same class.

#27 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 06:25 PM

Great group of PKs bmxkid, I have always liked the PKs, but I grew up with Farmall Cubs instead, and we all know those tractors are in the same class.

thanks, seams like everybody has a liking of pks at least a little, not many of those people have them though. i wish more people had them, i truly believe they are the best, strongest and most versatile tractor of its size. farmalls seam very common, i have never had or driven one so i dont have much to say about them.

#28 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 06:49 PM

As you may have seen in my avatar, I got one. Great tractors.

My 1953 Economy King

#29 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 07:04 PM

As you may have seen in my avatar, I got one. Great tractors.

My 1953 Economy King

ive seen you pop up on the other site occasionally, i like your mods

#30 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,561 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 07:11 PM

I get corrected more than I care to say, but I don't mind it, as I don't want to lead anyone down the wrong road. Sometimes I brain fart, other times I'm just plain wrong! Sometimes I wanna help on posts I am fairly familiar with the problem at hand, but if I start typing & something doesn't feel right, I'll back out of the reply. I should do that more often I suppose!:bigrofl: