#16 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 06:05 AM

bmxkid313,welcome to the forum,glad to have you with us.
  • Ryan313 said thank you

#17 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 06:35 PM

i looked for a number i couldn't find anything.

#18 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 11:46 PM

ok, I will try to find out where it could be...they moved it back to behind the seat rail in I think the late 60s so maybe it is back there did you by chance look there...maybe they moved it to where it was early on? that is a guess I am not sure
  • Ryan313 said thank you

#19 jppr26 OFFLINE  

jppr26

• Member No: 5722
  • 1 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 11:43 PM

it is a M model letter but for the number is unsure as there is several types the best i can figure is the lenght of them check Speedex Tractor Information it is quite helpful, i think. I have one similar but with a brigs Model 23-D 8 hp on it that is being rebuilt, till then i have a 5 hp Honda on it. So far i have made a lift hitch and a 10" mold Bord plow for it and use it as a skidder, works great but im thinking of making steel wheels with cleats, because i think it would look bad ***, i just need to find some 28" pipe first. Congrats on your recent project.

Edited by jppr26, December 13, 2011 - 11:55 PM.

• Ryan313 said thank you

#20 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 02, 2012 - 01:41 PM

I think I have had this tractor for 3-4 years and all I have done to it is about an hour disassembling it. It is complete and all the parts are there. I hate to say it but, I think I'm going to part with it. Im not really a speedex fan (nothing against them) and I can't apretiate it the way it deserves to be appreciated. So, do you guys think that it would be better to put it together, put an engine into it, get it running and sell it or restore it and sell it? I would love to restore and work on a tractor like this but I don't want to end up putting money and time into it then not having anybody put the money down to buy it. I thought that it might be better to sell as a restoration project for somebody else who will take care of it and have more use for it then I do.

#21 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted February 02, 2012 - 06:47 PM

In my opinion you will come out ahead in time and $$ if you gather everything together that goes with it and offer it as a restoration
project for someone who wants it as such.
  • Ryan313 said thank you

#22 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 02, 2012 - 07:15 PM

In my opinion you will come out ahead in time and $$ if you gather everything together that goes with it and offer it as a restoration
project for someone who wants it as such.

What do you think I could get for it???

#23 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted February 02, 2012 - 08:00 PM

Personally I would rather buy something to restore instead of buying one that has already been done.

Half the fun is doing the work yourself, besides you may not break even if you restore it yourself, vs just selling it as a project.
  • Ryan313 said thank you

#24 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 02, 2012 - 08:26 PM

Thanks for the advise, hopefully I can get everything put back together sometime this weekend. There's not much to it so it should go fast.

#25 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 05:48 AM

I have no idea what a value on it would be. It may be rare and unusual but your market is limited and it is a project...... It is one of those items that you should be happy with something and the thought that some one is going to try and tackle it!
  • Ryan313 said thank you

#26 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 04:10 AM

I have no idea what a value on it would be. It may be rare and unusual but your market is limited and it is a project...... It is one of those items that you should be happy with something and the thought that some one is going to try and tackle it!

This is the essence of what we as 'collectors' are all about. It isn't necessary 'value' as money would bring at walmart, it is value in that this is something that not everyone can have...and ultimately will outlast us all if we tend to it properly... Excellent thought PK
  • Ryan313 said thank you

#27 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 11, 2012 - 07:43 PM

I decided to start resembling it today, until I decide what I'm going to do with it.

This is what I started with.
Posted Image

I put the original tires back on and towed it to the garage with the 75. Luckily this tractor weighs next to nothing and I could just puck up the front and push it into the garage.
Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the engine I put into it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

It took a few times of setting the engine onto it before I figured out what was changed to fit a K181S into it. I had to take off the 2 bars going side to side and the bolts on the top and bottom holds down the engine, the middle ones were drilled to fit the other engine.
Posted Image

I put on the few other things that were off, there really isn't much to this tractor. The only things not on it yet are the throttle cable, front wheels, carb, a spindle, and the drive belt.
Posted Image

I dont see why I wouldn't be able to get the few other things on tomorrow morning. The only problem I have now is, the bearings that go on the spindle for the wheel dont fit over the spindle end. I measured it and the bearing is the same size as the spindle. What do you think I should do to get them to fit? I dont even know if they are the right size, I got a new set with the tractor.

Edited by bmxkid313, February 11, 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#28 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 01:06 PM

I adjusted the shifter and clutch thing so now they are better. I went to put the carb on and its missing a linkage, the one that goes to the carb for the throttle. I dont have another linkage so if somebody has one they can part with please let me know, I dont want to mess with homemade ones.

#29 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 04:22 PM

You're coming along there,Ryan.

#30 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 05:53 PM

Thanks Maynard! Since it was dark when i came in last night I couldn't get a good front view pic, here is one before I started doing anything today. I don't know why the bottom is messed up, it uploaded to my flickr like that.
Posted Image

Edited by bmxkid313, February 12, 2012 - 05:53 PM.