I had an early 70's a few years ago that I had been kicking myself for selling too cheap, until I had the opportunity to pick up this '67 RF a few months ago. I believe it is completely original and just in need of some TLC.
I've tried the electrolysis method for rust removad on the impliment actuator assembly, and found it too slow, and after four days I was not impressed with the results. So I got a sandblaster and had it primed in a few hours.
As I was installing it, I noticed there some play in the lower pully, and I'm wondering if this is normal. It seems to be attached behind the frame, but there may be a bolt missing on the outer arm. There is a lot of grease and dirt to remove to actually see what is supposed to be there or may have broken off. The lower pully also seems to spool while the actuator is disengaged and I am concerned that a deck or snowblower may not disengaage at all. But I also realize that is quite a bit of load...guess I just need to re-furb the 38 deck and find out; but it's pretty rough. Might take all winter.
I think the carb also needs re-built. It runs with the choke all the way open only, and still likes to surge and stall while putting around the yard.
I plan on keeping this one as an original working tractor, and buying another parts tractor to completely restore with my son. I already have it picked out, and hoping I've dropped enough hints to get it for Christmas.
Please excuse any incorrect terminology.
Edited by gene royal, December 10, 2011 - 01:18 PM.