daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted February 21, 2012 - 11:20 AM

Boy, that sure looks great. Very nice work so far.
  • IHCubGuy said thank you

#32 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted February 21, 2012 - 09:14 PM

Thanks guys. After it dried I noticed the paint has a little orange peel to it and I am out of red paint. I am just going to let it go as it is supposed to be a work tractor anyway and if I get it prettied up too much I'll be afraid to use it. The only one that will really see it is me so I guess I'm not too worried.

Now it's just a matter of getting the decals all back on. I guess I need to do some surfing around the site for pics to make sure I get them close.

#33 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted February 22, 2012 - 12:03 AM

Another update pic as of tonite. The hood and dash are not bolted down yet though permantely. And if I'm completely honest I did have an oops. I laid the foot boards together side by side on my work benach to align the decals where I thought they would match each other. There is a small groove wore into the one on the right side from the cover that comes from the seat down to meet them and I used this to gauge how far forward they needed to be. Well I forgot to figure in the fact that the piece tapers towards the front more than where the groove is wore and the back 1/4 inch of the decals are covered up by the cover. I would take them off but I am afraid that it will ruin them trying as well as end up messing up the paint.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_2183 (Small).jpg

#34 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,344 Thanks
  • 39,622 posts

Posted February 22, 2012 - 04:28 AM

Nice looking Massey, for a Cub guy! :bigrofl: I think you did well with it.

#35 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 22, 2012 - 11:06 AM

Nice,nice, nice. :thumbs:
  • IHCubGuy said thank you

#36 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted February 22, 2012 - 03:28 PM

Looks good.If it's going to be a work tractor who cares if you had an oops.Everybody that sees you using it will be like wow i can't believe he's using a restored tractor to do yard work or whatever.They won't even notice.

#37 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted February 22, 2012 - 10:57 PM

Nice looking Massey, for a Cub guy! :bigrofl: I think you did well with it.

Thanks Kenny, it's still red though so maybe that helped. I've even done green ones in the past. :)

#38 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted February 22, 2012 - 10:59 PM

Looks good.If it's going to be a work tractor who cares if you had an oops.Everybody that sees you using it will be like wow i can't believe he's using a restored tractor to do yard work or whatever.They won't even notice.

Thanks, only problem is I will notice and I'm not settled with it yet. They may just have to come off and new ones go on.

#39 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted February 23, 2012 - 09:38 PM

Well I had a stroke of good luck today. I decided last evening that I would attempt to get the decals off of the foot pans that I put on wrong. Glad to say that they came off without leaving any marks and I didnt scratch up the paint either. I made a phone call this afternoon to Maple Hunter in texas and to tell them which decals I needed and find out if I could purchase just those. The person on the other end of the phone without taking any more than my name and address informed me they would be in the mail free of charge. I could not believe it and would have been more than happy to pay for them especially since it was my fault.

#40 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 09:54 AM

Great job Chad and great news all around. If that's a work tractor-I can't wait to see a resto. If mine looks that good, the only duty it will see is running to the mailbox-- :bigrofl:

#41 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted February 29, 2012 - 07:25 PM

Great job Chad and great news all around. If that's a work tractor-I can't wait to see a resto. If mine looks that good, the only duty it will see is running to the mailbox-- :bigrofl:

Thanks Lee, around here they gotta earn their keep some how. If they can't go out and do a full days work they don't get to stay. Best way to make sure of that is go thru them and check n clean everything. That usually leads to paint once you have it apart that far and that leads to decals and new tires and....and.....and........................